Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £75000 per annum + Training allowance
8 months ago
Agile Project Manager
Are you a fan of all things Agile? Maybe you schedule your day utilising Kanban? Could you help reshape a clients approach to projects to an Agile model?
We are currently searching for our newest Technical Project Manager for a highly renowned U.K consultancy! The ideal candidate will be a strong technical leader but not stranger to getting stuck in with a real 'hands-on' mentality. You might have worked as an Agile Delivery Lead or Delivery Manager, or perhaps as a Software Development Manager and really enjoyed coaching an organisation to be Agile.
The ideal Technical Project Manager will be a real leader, adding value from their own insight, experiences and leadership qualities as well as continuously setting the tone for high standards with their own work effort and input.
- You will be the face of software delivery projects, taking the lead and then managing the project from start to finish; from the planning stage, right through to the analysis stage where you help identify 'What could we have done better?'
- When necessary, you will step in and take charge of recovery management.
- You will have a strong knowledge of the key drivers in a successful SDLC and act as a consultant on Agile methodologies (think SCRUM, RUP, XP etc.) as well as UML, automated testing, use cases and design patterns
- You will be a strong and confident communicator with a track record of stakeholder management; you will sometimes have to deal with 'C' level stakeholders
- You will be able to establish an appropriate course of action to meet project goals.
- You will be able to map out quality control processes to ensure performance reliability using matrices and other means, stepping in when necessary.
- You will be a strong negotiator, able to obtain agreement between conflicting interests and challenge management constructively and effectively.
As a Technical Project Manager, there will be some expectations in place beyond the typical 'commercial acumen' and 'confident communicator' requirements seen everywhere:
- A track record of Project Management/Technical Lead experience in the service industry, with I.T delivery experience essential.
- Proven Team Leadership experience.
- Experience of Project Delivery and other consultancy based services (business analysis, project design, testing, OAT/UAT etc.)
- Experience in Process Improvement.
- Due to the client-facing nature of this role, you will be required to travel across the UK and be comfortable doing so.
When working within a team on the end-to-end delivery of software projects for clients, the ideal Technical Project Manager will use industry best-practice techniques to design, implement and deliver solutions. Projects may be delivered in a bespoke Agile approach, or to fit the clients need in both an in-house and an integrated team.
What you'll get?
As a Technical Project Manager, not only will you get the opportunity to work with a renowned, award-winning consultancy, you will get a highly competitive salary, flexible working, help with professional certification and much more.
If this sounds like a role you will be interested in, click 'Apply' now!
Oscar Technology Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.