Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £70000 per annum + 15% bonus
6 days ago
Agile Software Delivery Manager - Agile / Scrum
Oscar Technlogy are partnered with a highly successful Financial Services firm in Manchester that are in the middle of a Digital Transformation programme.
They are looking to high a Software Delivery Manager, that will provide Agile driven leadership to 2 of Squads of software engineers. They are moving to a scaled Agile delivery model, so your role will help support that transition but balance it with guiding the teams through sprint-to-sprint based delivery.
The role looks after a specific finance platform, with one squad looking after the UK version and the other Squad looking after the Ireland version. The team is largely Manchester-based but suppliemented with a couple of team members in Portugal & occasional flexi-support from a Systems Integrators team members in Eastern Europe.
The Delivery partially works as a Scrum Master - the Servent Leader role of facilitating the teams needs to achieve their sprint goals, but the role also will keep on top of resource needs and team line-management & performance reviews.
The role would be ideal for a Delivery Manager or a Software Engineering Manager that has a background in working in an Agile delivery model, that want to focus on leadership and Agile process improvement.
It is beneficial if someone was once a Developer themselves, however this IS NOT essential.
Longer term, our client is continuing to scale out & create new Squads, so there is scope for the role to possibly evolve into Head of Delivery for example.
- Experience of leading technical delivery from teams of software engineers in an Agile model.
- Demonstrates clear thinking on products and able to confidently articulate the evolution of the product solution at all levels.
- Identifies and drives product and process change.
- Experience of matrix, running technical teams and people
- Ideally has knowledge of the of the Financial Services Industry (not essential)
- Deep knowledge of Agile methods and tools
- High level of flexibility to accept change and reduce unnecessary risk
- Confident in communicating with stakeholders both internal and external both written and verbal
- Confident to work in a fast-paced commercial environment to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Resilient, proactive and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Experience of working within a complex organisation
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.