£40000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent
about 1 month ago
API Support Developer - Rest / XML / JSON
One of the worlds most recognised digital brands are looking for a API Support Developer that will provide day-to-day guidance to our clients external partners on integrating with their APIs, resolve technical issues as well as partnering with other technical teams to solve more complex problems.
This involves a combination of API integration work, verbal advisory work with technical & non-technical audiences and proactive performance improvement.
People require a combination of good development skills around web services, including a solid understanding of REST API's (Java preferred, but will consider PHP or C# backgrounds too) and excellent problem solving skills.
- Assist partners and suppliers integrate with APIs by understanding their needs, suggesting solutions and answering technical questions
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences about API capabilities.
- Monitor and rectify issues that arise in API platforms and other systems.
- Address and resolve concerns, issues and questions for both internal clients and external partners in a professional & timely manner
- Manage client expectations in a sincere and realistic manner and report and escalate where needed
Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years in a Support Developer, Integration Developer, Application / Web support or account management role, with express experience of working with web services or similar B2B technical environment exposure.
- Impeccable Written and Verbal Skills
- Understanding of XML, Web Services and APIs
- Ability to collaborate with a global team, across multiple time zones.
- Be prepared to occasionally work out of usual business hours when required to teleconference with overseas teams.
What you'll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus.
- Stock options
- Excellent contributory pension.
- Full family private medical cover.
- Full dental cover.
- Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership)
- Personal travel reimbursement.
- Critical illness plus full life cover.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free shuttle buses from Oxford and surrounding villages.
- Employee assistance program.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.