Half day friday's in the Summer
23 days ago
Sr. Application Migration Specialist to join the Advanced team to deliver application modernization/migration services, integration solutions and modernization software to our customers worldwide. We are seeking an experienced Application Migration Specialist with a successful track record of delivering IT solutions on time, within budget and that meet customer requirements.
- Technology leadership experience in the government, manufacturing, financial, medical, legal and education services industry, or customer-facing technical leadership roles servicing the services industry.
- 10+ years application design/implementation/consulting experience of mainframe and distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience in leading large-scale migration and modernization programs with hands-on expertise in two or more of the following domains: microservices decomposition of monolithic applications, batch to streaming conversion, event driven architectures, containerization and orchestration, migration strategy design, migration business case creation, application portfolio analysis, application assessment, migration process design, migration tool implementation, migration execution, or operational integration.
- Broad-based understanding of cloud platform services, cloud-native architectures, and cloud infrastructure.
- Debugging and maintaining written code.
- Defining and organizing projects on an ongoing basis.
- Reporting and resolving issues related to .NET and Java EE projects.
- Identifying and handling technical risks and issues.
- Providing technical support to stakeholders in the organization.
- Participating in project meetings with management and other team members.
- Identify and manage testing issues and risks - analysis & debugging to determine the root cause of issues and applying corrective action as necessary
- Assist sales, presales and development with identifying solutions based on understanding the client requirements.
- Creation of technical product, migration process and related documentation
You will be able to demonstrate strong consultancy skills and be an excellent technical spokesperson for the tools and conversion processes of individuals in order to meet deadlines and manage change. You will have real-world experience of delivering concurrent small & medium scale projects on time and within budget.
- 10+ years of experience as Application Modernization and Migration within a software and services organization
- Excellent grasp of C# and the .NET framework and Java, Spring, prolific coding abilities, and be able to problem-solve on a daily basis
- Technologies: COBOL, DB2, IMS, IDMS, Adabas, Natural, ADSO, CICS, Java and C#, Angular, gRPC,SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL and other databases
- Experience of working on application and data migration projects
- Bachelor's degree in computer programming, computer science, or information technology a plus
- Visual Studio 2019 debugging
- Knowledge of build and deployment repositories (VS Project, Maven, Gradle, Git, etc.)
- Java EE applications
- In-depth knowledge of popular Java frameworks like JSF and Spring MVC
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
- Full stack development
- Performance and tuning expertise
- Cloud deployment and containerization knowledge
- Microsoft Visual Studio experience
- Microsoft Visual Studio certification a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and collaboration tools such as SharePoint, Confluence, JIRA or similar
- Proven leadership skills & good communications from technical to management
- Problem-solving skills & documentation skills
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.