Amsterdam, North Holland
€60000 - €65000 per annum
22 days ago
Vacancy: Application Security Engineer
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Skills: Manual Testing, Penetration Testing, Security Standards, Security Frameworks, Security Analysis, AWS, Security Vulnerabilities, Incidence Response, Ruby, Rails, Go, Python
Salary: €60,000 - €65,000
As an Application Security Engineer at this company, it is your responsibility to marry security and simplicity together, allowing seamless user experiences and super-secure platforms to live in harmony.
This role is a great balance of hands-on & hands-off. You will build a persistent, positive, and sustainable security culture by educating and informing colleagues, and external personnel, on best practice security. You will also get down and dirty with both incidence response and analysis, as well as ensuring the stability of the applications and infrastructure through testing, threat models and tooling implementation, using the new techniques you have picked up from yesterday's reading of Security Weekly and The Hacker News.
An innovative and internationally renowned business with over 50 million daily users across 195 countries. Their suite of strongly engineered, high-tier and beautifully simplistic applications allow the free-flow of ideas and enhanced workflows for people in a variety of industries, with a variety of needs.
This company thrives off their passion, diversity and creativity, and their culture embodies this in every way. Their beautiful sustainable offices in central Amsterdam provide an inspiring, relaxing, and comfortable backdrop to your every day, with fresh, vegan-friendly food and snacks (don't worry, meat and cheese hasn't gone anywhere either) provided for you. Each employee is given an educational allowance to use as they see fit to help progress their career, and company-wide events, workshops and conference attendance with industry leaders is in their genes. You even get one day of the month to dedicate to any side projects you might be working on, or simply to try something new! As well as this, you receive a generous pension and even more generous holidays, annual company trips, health and wellbeing budgets, travel allowances, charity leave and the opportunity to host or support events yourself, whether it be industry related or charitable!
- Ability to perform manual security testing (and if you are out really to impress, penetration testing) and come up with mitigation suggestions
- Knowledge of vulnerabilities (OWASP top 10, etc.)
- Knowledge of security standards and frameworks (ISO 27001, NIST, etc.)
- Familiarity with security analysis tools - everything from Burp suite, to Kibana, to the various AWS security tools…
- … and consequently, AWS experience
- Familiarity with Ruby/Rails/Sinatra/React
What makes you a Rockstar?
- OSCP, OCSE, OSWE certifications
- Security incidence response experience
- Experience developing custom security tools
- Python, Go, R, C, Haskell exposure or experience
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.