Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £70000 per annum
5 months ago
Big Data Engineer - Central Manchester - Data Driven Company - up to £70,000
A really exciting opportunity has opened up for a Big Data Engineer to work on a greenfield development project which will shape the future direction of the company. They're based in central Manchester and generate over 17 million data interactions every day. You'll be the architect of this new project, shaping the data design from the onset for the data science team. If this sounds interesting then keep reading!
They've been operating since 2014 and have gone from strength to strength building up their team, increasing operations to 5 continents and growing the team to over 80 people based in Manchester. Joining the company at such a great period in their growth means your inputs will have truly long lasting implications for the direction they're heading in.
The task ahead of the data science team is to improve their current product as well as provide detailed, business changing insight to their clients. At the moment the architecture in which the data it stored and processed is simply not fit to handle this amount of data or type of analysis. This is where you come in, it's a full ground up re-build and you're the expert. We will be looking to you for all guidance including recommendation on systems.
- Creating conceptual, logical and physical data models for analytics, and (where possible) operational data structures
- Creating architectures for Data Warehouse, Master/Reference Data and integration for data processing
- Ensuring that accurate traceability and lineage is documented
- Develop and maintain departmental relationships and strong communication channels
- Experience working with Big Data solutions (Hadoop; Spark; Cloudera; Kafka; other open source technologies)
- Experience working within a cloud technologies (Azure; AWS; Google)
- Strong SQL and NOSQL skills
- Experience of transforming traditional Data Warehousing approaches to Big Data based approaches
- Data modelling experience
As noted above they've undergone considerable growth since 2014, but they're right at the start of their cloud journey as well. Joining at this pivotal moment in their growth affords you a fantastic opportunity to shape the direction of the company and its data science team.
If you're looking for your next challenge in a truly rewarding environment then apply today! Their growth and future plans are really exciting, and you have the perfect chance to be a part of it.
Interviews for this role will be held imminently. To be considered, please send your CV to me now to avoid disappointment.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.