Bradford, West Yorkshire
£65000 - £75000 per annum + £6000 car allow. Bupa, life
about 1 month ago
Business Architect - Retail / E-commerce / Supply Chain
One of Yorkshires oldest retail brands are currently 2 years into a major technology enablement programme, and as part of the next phase of their transformation. They are looking to add a Business Architect that both lead a team of Business Analysts within their Business Change function, but also responsible for the overall redesign of a number of business functions both from an organisational & process perspective.
The are part of a huge pan-European retail group, who are investing extensively to replace antiquated supply chain, warehousing & merchandising system to support the increased push to sell via online / digital channels. In addition, a number of other business functions across Finance, Credit Control and Customer Services are also replacing systems. As such these replacement programmes will trigger a number of business process change projects as various business units adjust to new ways of working, plus there are number of FCA regularity requirements to consider throughout the programme.
They have recently appoint a multi-national technology outsourcer who will be handle the majority of the technology transformation, with a number of specialist vendors handling more specific business areas. As a result, the Business Architect & the team this role leads play a key role as a conduit between the business and vendors, finding ways to ultimately streamline business processes and unlocking the benefits of technology being able make various business areas more efficient.
The Business Architect needs to be someone that has been part of a business change programme driven largely by technology, with end-to-end knowledge of retail / e-commerce business. This includes a sound understanding of both point-of-sale (through multiple channels) through the fulfilment / supply chain lifecycle. You'll be a master of producing, refining & communicating a framework for process improvements, using LEAN process re-designs.
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture frameworks and modelling languages - essential BPMN, desirable: TOGAF, Archimate.
- An understanding of the Operating Model Canvas when defining or analysing Business Value Proposition is also desirable
- Experience in Domain-Driven Architecture
- Experience with process modelling, value engineering and architecture tools
- Significant experience of working as a Business Architect or Senior Business Analyst in transformation or service re-design programmes
- Can demonstrate experience in writing and collaborating in the production of architectural documentation to defined standards
- Experience in a regulated environment (e.g. financial services) is desirable
- Strong end to end retail and supply chain experience
- Demonstrable experience of guiding the alignment of organisation structures, processes and systems to business objectives, and multiple examples of streamlining and improving operational processes
- Experience of managing a team of business analysts
- Comfortable speaking to business stakeholders with limited technology background, and extrapolating detail from high level requirements
- £6,000 car allowance
- 37 days holiday (including BH)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits
- Generous staff sales discount
- Pension - company will match up to 5% of contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.