Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £45001 per annum
about 1 month ago
Oscar Technology are working with a high profile client who are looking to recruit a Cyber Security Analyst to join their established Security and Risk Team, the role will sit within a wider Digital Technology division.
About the Role
As a Cyber Security Analyst your role will be to detect and respond to security incidents, and continuously improve our capabilities in this area. Reporting to the Security Operations Lead, you'll have experience of investigating incidents in applications and infrastructure across a varied technology stack spanning both cloud and on-premise environments. You'll undertake post incident reviews to identify root causes and put follow-up mitigations in place. You'll be an excellent communicator, with the ability to simplify technical terms for the non-technical person and also manage and build relationships.
This is a HYBRID role requiring occasional on site attendance & will include some on-call working as part of a rota.
As a Cyber Security Analyst, you will:
* Proactively monitor the environment to detect and respond to security incidents.
* Correlate data from multiple sources to build dashboards, alerts and reports
* Develop playbooks for emerging threats, and continuously improve existing playbooks
* Provides technical expertise regarding security-related concepts to operational teams within the Information Technology Department and the business.
* Review, investigate, and respond to real-time alerts within the environment.
* Monitor online security-related resources for new and emerging cyber threats.
* Conducts vulnerability assessments of company systems and networks.
* Manage systems owned by the Information Security Team.
What experience are we looking for?
* Experience responding to incidents across corporate and customer-facing web applications, identifying potential threats and mitigating/escalating as required.
* An understanding of relevant security threats and controls to protect against them.
* Experience in using, managing and developing a SOAR Platform would be beneficial
* Experience with SIEM Platforms (ideally Splunk), including working with logs and creating correlation searches and dashboards.
* Experience of working within PCI DSS, ISO 27001, or other compliance frameworks.
* Experience of monitoring cloud environments using cloud native tooling
* Excellent communicator and the ability to build great relationships across the business and articulate security concepts to non-technical colleagues
* A proficient problem-solver that can work autonomously.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.