£50000 - £50001 per annum
19 days ago
About The Role.
Reporting to the Head of Cyber Security, the Security Analyst will, as part of the IT team, provide day to day cyber security operational support and analysis and will be deeply involved with IT security projects for our clients always-up, mission-critical IT infrastructure. You will have a good understanding of security concepts including vulnerability scanning, SIEM monitoring, SOC investigations, malware analysis, incident response and remote access technologies
Key Responsibilities & Prerequisites.
- Work with the Security, IT and Service Delivery teams in maintaining our networks and supporting our colleagues in ensuring their IT environment is clear of cyber threats and risks
- Resolving issues relating to IT security, ensuring risks are mitigated and security incidents are managed.
- Assisting with IT security investigations and forensic analysis
- Self-motivation in researching and maintaining up to date industry knowledge and security awareness
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and eager to learn and acquire new skills & knowledge to meet our business security needs
- Critical thinking, problem solving and can-do attitude
- Hands on experience of Microsoft Sentinel
- Hands on experience Microsoft KQL language.
- Hands on experience of Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Office 365
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Good understanding of Threats, Risks, Attacks and Vulnerabilities
- Good understanding of Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing
- Knowledge of ISO 27001, or other security industry frameworks (PCI-DSS, NIST CSF etc..)
- ITIL foundation or experience working in ITIL environment
Desirable Qualifications and Experience.
- Demonstrable IT training such as training Cisco, CompTIA, EC-Council, ISACA, ISC, or Microsoft (Specifically either one of the following: SC-900, SC-200, AZ-900 or MS-500)
- Knowledge of Network environment concepts including TCP/IP stack (OSI Model), DNS, DHCP, firewalls, VPN, NAC, IDS/IPS
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux environments, PowerShell/Linux scripting, programming skills and their applications in a network environment
- Knowledge of Web Security technologies including OWASP
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies including VMWare & Hyper-V.
- There may be opportunities for occasional overseas travel
- Willingness to be 'on call' at set times
- Willingness to undergo medical for overseas travel
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo and achieve MoD security clearance
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.