Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £44000 per annum
about 1 month ago
An exciting opportunity has presented itself for a Data Engineer who is looking for a new opportunity! A company based in Manchester City Centre is looking to build their team of Data Engineers and Scientists and has opened the position up for someone with 1-2 years of experience in a related role however worthy graduates will be considered to!
You will be a part of a growing team whose aim will be to produce operation machine learning models and analytics. You will be involved in creating the data architecture, data flows and pipelines, all of which are essential towards influencing the company's agenda for customer insight.
If you have comprehensive skills in Python and some experience with SQL, along with a desire to make advances in your career, this could be for you!
What you will be doing
- To create and maintain data architectures and pipelines that feed machine learning models and analytics.
- Assist Data Scientists in systemising data analysis projects to be deployed into a production environment
- Discover new opportunities for data sources from various industry APIs, web scraping and file flows.
- Liaise with stakeholders in the wider business to help improve data quality, advise on data strategy and understand existing processes
- To identify and resolve optimisation issues within the existing codebase.
- To develop and maintain tools for the monitoring and analysis of internal data sets and automated processes.
- Python - Ideally with libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib
- Git or other version control
- Python frameworks such as Flask or Django
We are wanting an individual who either wants to start their Data Engineer career off with a bang or someone who wants to progress theirs further.
If you have the motivation to do this, please get in touch as soon as possible and we can give you some more information.
- 25 days off per year
- 10% Bonus - performance related.
- Good Company Pension scheme
- Private Medical and Dental
- Cycle to work
Junior Data Engineer / Data Engineer role opportunity! Based in Central Manchester offering up to £44,000 plus an additional 10% bonus! Skills needed: Python / SQL
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.