Data Engineers - Senior / Lead

  • Location:

    Manchester, Greater Manchester

  • Sector:

    Database Development & Administration

  • Job type:


  • Salary:

    £60000 - £95000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus

  • Contact:

    Mark Whales

  • Contact email:


  • Job ref:


  • Published:

    24 days ago

  • Expiry date:


  • Consultant:

    Mark Whales

Role: Data Engineer / Senior Data Engineer / Lead Data Engineer

Location - Manchester or Leeds

Multiple Roles Available

Salary DoE - £60,000 - £95,000 DOE

Work Pattern - Hybrid - 1 day a week on client site.

An exciting opportunity has arisen for Data Engineers to join a growing consultancy firm based around the UK who focus on using the latest technologies and have a clear vision for growth.

They're looking for talented people to join the team to help shape their growth at this exciting stage in their company journey.

Sound interesting? Keep on reading to find out more about your next great role!

The Role

This is a traditional consulting role, you'll get to use your extensive technical experience to help their clients in all areas of development, maintenance and integration of their high-level data systems.

One big change / difference with this role over other is that you will spend around 80% of the time working on client projects and the other 20% is for you to develop your skills, whether that be training courses / certifications or whatever you think appropriate. Every person has a £2000 training budget to facilitate this.

It varies slightly from project to project but on average it would be 2 days a week or so on client site, sometime less and the do have some limited capacity for fully remote staff members. There are offices in Manchester and Leeds should you want to work in them the other days of the week but there is no obligation to do so. The vast majority of clients are in city centre locations.

The Company

They have been officially voted a "Great Place to Work" for five years in a row and have a huge focus on developing their staff and upskilling their technical skills. They support a wide range of clients from large banks and FTSE 100 companies to charity and non-profit organisations. The work scope and client base is varied.

Every project has a "lead" - this is someone who is in control of the project from initial brief and pre-sales through to delivery. This role is available, but you must have had previous management experience.

The company structure is very flat, almost everyone is a "hands on" technical individual but the also have a grad scheme so there is plenty of opportunity to coach and mentor and this would be desired.


You'll create data platforms based around modern, cloud-native technologies:

  • Python or Scala
  • Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure or GCP
  • Streaming Data: Kafka or Kinesis
  • Data Processing: Spark or Pandas
  • SQL Databases: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL or similar
  • Data Warehouses: Synapse, Redshift or BigQuery
  • Pipeline Orchestration: Airflow, Azure Data Factory or similar
  • Dataiku or Databricks


  • Strong technical capabilities with the desire to learn more
  • Experience in cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) - must have at least one and be willing to learn the rest.
  • Strong programming skills (/Python, Scala, Java, etc.)
  • Experience building data platforms such as Data Lakes, Data Warehouses or Data Meshes

Any management or leadership experience is a bonus but there is NO requirement for previous consulting experience


  • Bonus - performance based
  • 25 days annual leave plus the option to buy more
  • Pension
  • Private Medical Coverage
  • Training budget for every staff member

It's rare to find an organisation so focused on the happiness and growth of their staff.

Apply now!

If you're looking for your next great step at an organisation working with Tier 1 clients, who put a tangible plan in place for your own progression then this the role for you.

Interviews are ongoing. To avoid missing out on this opportunity apply today to learn more about your next great role.

Role: Data Engineer / Senior Data Engineer

Location - Manchester or Leeds

Multiple Roles Available

Salary DoE - £60,000 - £95,000 DOE

Work Pattern - Hybrid - 1 day a week on client site.

Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.

To understand more about what we do with your data please review our privacy policy in the privacy section of the Oscar website.