Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £45000 per annum + 20% bonus potential
22 days ago
Data Product Manager - E-commerce / BI / Data Warehousing
Oscar Technology are working with a Manchester-based e-commerce firm, supporting their search for an additional Product Manager to join their Data tribe. This is key hire, that not only will bring Product Management best practice knowledge to their team, but also help to support a number of key projects.
The business are migrating their data warehouse to a Cloud based solution and there is a heavy amount of investment going into their Data capabilities over the coming years. As such this position has the potential to quickly become more senior.
Working as part of a cross-functional team, plus 3rd parties, your role will help to plan the long term product roadmaps, setup and manage a number of backlogs but also mentor junior Product Manager on best practice around these key product duties.
As a Data Product Manager you will:
- Own the end-to-end experience for business reporting for our data warehouse platform
- Play a key role in the development of the roadmap for the data platform and reporting solutions
- Act as a data evangelist within the organisation, by building relationships across the business with stakeholders and SMEs and demonstrating what data can do
- Set goals for the data platform which align with organisational vision
- Translate the requirements of large data initiatives into smaller, actionable workstreams, allocating resources for each initiative
- Previous experience in Product Ownership / Management OR previous experience in role with backlog management duties (Business Analyst / Project Manager, etc)
- Experience of writing User Stories
- Previous experience managing backlogs
- Knowledge of data, business intelligence and/or Management Intelligence as a discipline would be a major plus, but not essential
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.