£45000 - £65000 per annum
8 months ago
Do you want to join a Bristol based company small enough that you'll be able to work in different parts of data science, but big enough that you'll be free from the constraints of data quality problems and slow query processing? Are you the type of person that understands that the perfect data scientist doesn't exist, and so constantly seek out further training and continual professional development opportunities?
This Fintech Company in Bristol is offering a career progression plan from day one to 'Senior' Data Scientist for the successful applicant, in a supportive and collaborative department that has attracted some of the best data scientists from all over the UK. What we're looking for is a team player, who would be a cultural fit for a company that strives to ensure that everyone feels rewarded and appreciated, whether you're a junior data analyst or the CTO.
From a technical point of view, it is essential that you have 1-3 years experience as a Data Scientist, how much experience you have will determine the amount of training you will enjoy on your career route. We expect very strong coding skills, with experience in Python, Machine Learning, and the ability to provide actionable business insight from data.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Statistical Data Analysis, predictive modelling and simulations
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Work closely with the company to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Stay curious and enthusiastic about using algorithms to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work
- Have the drive and resilience to try new ideas when the first ideas don't work, stay on your feet and operate with minimal supervision
- Enjoy the problems you're solving and solve them with great attention to detail
- Put your analytical and problem solving skills to the test by challenging yourself
- Make an impact on the business by properly listening to, and understanding, the business's requirements
- Be collaborative and support of other team members; if someone puts their hand up with a problem, and you can solve it, then go over and help!
- Experience in database interrogation and analysis tools
Be rewarded for how much experience you have with a very competitive salary that doesn't stay stagnant, but increases as you grow with the business. Some of the benefits that this company in Bristol is offering the successful data scientist include:
- Working from home to be there for your family (or dog?)
- Flexi work hours to accommodate child care, school kids
- Free fruit on Mondays and Fridays!
- A career plan that you a Senior Data Scientist set out from day 1
- Social events, summer parties, Christmas parties
- 26 days holiday
- Your birthday off work
- A culture that is staff-orientated
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.