£40000 - £44000 per annum
7 days ago
Data Services Manager - Sheffield - up to £44,000
An exciting opportunity has just opened up with an organisation at the start of their Cloud services journey, providing inherent challenges and exciting opportunities along the way. They offer generous benefits and support to get that work/life balance just right.
If you have experience within Business Intelligence and database solutions, then this is a great opportunity you should definitely pursue. You'll be managing a team of specialists across the board that fulfil important requirements for the organisation, and will be responsible for over 20TBs of data.
Check out some of the day-to-day information below, and get in touch if you'd like to pursue this exciting role.
- Responsibility for providing a range of services based around the data stored across the IT systems, ensuring there is a larger data strategy
- To champion the use of Enterprise Reporting tools in direct relation to achievement of business benefits, ensuring resource and effort reduction
- Contribute to ensuring the overall quality of data, in particular in relation to migration from legacy systems to collaborative single systems
- Support initiatives surrounding special projects where models for mechanisms to identify information from data is required
- To be at the forefront of ensuring that the data held within the IT system is made visible to the senior staff for taking action to improve business processes
- Responsibility for managing the ORACLE and SQL Server Database estate ensuring backup, DR and Business Continuity procedures are followed
- Responsibility for testing and keeping them up to date across geographic locations
- Monitoring all related systems and applications for the provision of pro-active support, performance and the provision of KPI's with respect to availability
- Experience of database solutions in SQL Server and Oracle
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence Data modelling techniques for Data Warehouse
- Experiencing of managing, coaching and developing staff in the above areas
- Good at communicating technical information to non-technical people
If you have additional experience in either PRINCE2® or Agile project management methodologies then this would be a fantastic extra.
They have a diverse workforce and do work making real change, so if you're looking for a role where you can feel a sense of pride then this is definitely a position for you. They have generous benefits from flexible and agile working patterns to a highly competitive pension scheme and 32 days of annual leave.
If you're looking to join an organisation at the start of their cloud journey and take part in this exciting process, then this is definitely a role for you. You'll be responsible for a wider team and will oversee a lot of important data.
Interviews for this role will be commencing ASAP, so send your CV to me as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Oscar Technology Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.