€50000 - €60000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Vacancy: DevOps/Linux Engineer
Skills: AWS, Azure, Linux, RedHat, VMware Bash, Python, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Openshift, Microservices, Grafana, Prometheus
Salary: €50,000 - €60,000
As a DevOps Engineer at this company, your role will be to continuously improve the infrastructure of the business, develop and deploy cloud environments, automate all that can be automated, help engineers work more efficiently and improve the DevOps tools that the company already deploys. Just like any business, mistakes do occur, and it is your job to be proactive and to support the teams and find innovative.
You will participate in both infrastructure and DevOps teams so you will need in-depth knowledge of applications and infrastructure. You will be part of a large IT team of 130 employees, consisting of Data Engineers, Developers, DevOps Engineers, Linux Engineer, Architects, PMs and much more, spread across three floors of their headquarters in Arnhem and link infrastructure and development.
Their environment is moving through many new developments, deploying IaC, DevOps Methodologies, cloud migrations and moving into the world of IoT. They are moving numerous on-prem infrastructures to Azure, migrating Puppet to Ansible and need 2 Petabytes of their data storing and securing. Finally, as they continue to deploy containers, someone with orchestration experience with Kubernetes or Openshift would be very valuable!
AWS, Azure, Linux, RedHat, VMware Bash, Python, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Openshift, Microservices, Grafana, Prometheus
This company revolutionise the Agricultural processes and farming efficiency for customers around the EMEA region and are market leaders in their analytics and solutions in which they provide. Despite being in the agricultural sector, this company would be much better regarded as a Data company, with 2 Petabytes of data being stored within their business that drives their solutions and business decisions. They allow for a healthier heard, lower costs, higher yields, less raw materials, and happier animals as a whole.
If you are looking for somewhere to grow your skills and education, this is the place for you. You will be given plenty of educational opportunities to grow your certification list and build on your skillset. Your bonus can be paid out either monthly or annually, you receive 25 days holiday, a strong pension scheme and reimbursements for your travel. Currently you will be working from home until the end of the year, but past that point, their WFH policy will still be enforced and you will get WFH days and a flexible working schedule.
- Strong commercial experience as a DevOps/Cloud engineer is preferred, but work with similar principles is also sufficient (Site Reliability, System Engineer, maybe even a Software Engineer!)
- Experience with infrastructure as code, building CI/CD pipelines, automation, containers, cloud development (you know the drill…)
- Expertise with Linux and all surrounding flavours
- Affinity with at least one scripting language (preferably Python)
- Affinity with Puppet and Ansible
- Knowledge of containers or container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Skilled in at least one public cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong communication skills in Dutch and English
- A constant desire to learn new technologies and continuously improve
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.