US$170000 - US$180000 per annum + 30% Bonus, Equity + Unlimited PTO
AD - DofE_1642203828
12 days ago
Director of Engineering - 100% Remote - Hands on, API Lead Engineering - Worlds leading subscription commerce experience - 30% Bonus, Equity, unlimited PTO and much more
Do you crave autonomy and room to grow? Do you want to make a real difference in a company with your contributions, and level up multiple teams of engineers? This company are looking for a Director of Engineering, Platform, to lead their various platform-driven initiatives across our engineering department. You will guide the selection of engineering processes, instil Agile principles and a product-led philosophy into multiple engineering teams, and work closely with our Product organization to ensure this company's platform is the best recurring billing platform in the world.
You will also work closely with our VP of Engineering and our CTO to establish a clear vision for the evolution of the platform, its API, and a framework for integrations and extensions. From technology selections to daily execution through to delivery of platform improvements and features, you will be deeply involved in the success of the company. You will also have engineering and engineering managers to mentor and level up, all hungry for your experience and ability to keep pace with an accelerating business.
- Work with the VP of Engineering and CTO to develop platform roadmap and strategy
- Establish, report on, and execute against KPIs to ensure improvements to the platform result in overall business value to our merchants
- Work closely with our Head of Product and our product managers to craft requirements, establish roadmaps, and ensure our platform supports critical features across the business
- Develop and mentor engineering managers who have their own teams, and ensure execution of team deliverables
- Coordinate multiple team deliverables to ensure a cohesive and on-time delivery of platform improvements
- Lead at least one engineering team yourself, modeling best practices and team execution to other teams and managers
- Create a performance-driven culture that emphasizes execution while encouraging creativity, passion, and a commitment to a shared company vision
- Technical Expertise:You are an engineer at heart, and should have at least 8-10 years of demonstrated experience coding, ideally using back-end technologies and doing work on customer-accessible APIs.
- Managerial Experience: You have managed a team of at least 4 engineers (ideally with additional product managers and Agile roles) for 5 or more years, and have managed other managers for at least 2-3 years.
- Problem-Solving Skills:You can think both creatively and logically, and depend on data to inform your decisions. You have great instincts but don't make decisions based on instinct alone. You can also explain your decision-making process to your peers and team.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: You are comfortable reading, analyzing, and interpreting technical data and presentations, logs, usage metrics, customer reports, and can use all of them to form business-driven engineering conclusions.
- Attention to Detail: You don't have to delegate the details. You're comfortable getting into little areas of concern and consistently ensuring correctness and accuracy, and can demonstrate this to other engineers and managers.
Additional Desired Qualities
- E-Commerce Experience: You have demonstrable experience working in e-commerce, especially in the areas of payments, billing, fulfillment, order management, and partner integrations
- Agile Expertise:You are not only familiar with Agile practices (SCRUM and Kanban in particular), but you have served as a Product Owner, SCRUM master, or other Agile role in your career for engineering or product teams.
- API Programming:You have personally programmed a large public-facing API, ideally in both REST and GraphQL. You've built out payloads and processed complex requests both coming into and returned from an API.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K
- Short-Term, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance (100% employer-paid)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Compensation Package includes Great Equity Incentive Plan
- Stocked kitchen
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.