San Francisco, California
£185000 - £270000 per annum + Shares, development budget
3 months ago
Director of Engineering - Philanthropic FinTech start-up - San Fransisco / Bay Area - Must be experienced in developing engineers careers and skillsets - 401k, flexible working, shares, huge personal training budget that can be used on what makes you happy (!), 16 weeks parental leave, full medical, 30 days PTO
Do you crave autonomy and room to grow? Do you want to make a real difference in a company with your contributions, and level up multiple teams of engineers? This company are looking for a Director of Engineering, Platform, to lead their various platform-driven initiatives across our engineering department. You will guide the selection of engineering processes, instil Agile principles and a product-led philosophy into multiple engineering teams, and work closely with our Product organization to ensure this company's platform is the best FinTech platform in the world!
You will also work closely with theeir CPO to establish a clear vision for the evolution of the platform, its API, and a framework for integrations and extensions. From technology selections to daily execution through to delivery of platform improvements and features, you will be deeply involved in the success of the company. You will also have engineers to mentor and level up, all hungry for your experience and ability to keep pace with an accelerating business.
- Develop your 8 engineers skillset and career trajectory with proven methodologies personally
- Work with the CPO to develop platform roadmap and strategy
- Establish, report on, and execute against KPIs to ensure improvements to the platform result in overall business value to our merchant
- Develop and mentor engineering managers who have their own teams, and ensure execution of team deliverables
- Coordinate multiple team deliverables to ensure a cohesive and on-time delivery of platform improvements
- Lead at least one engineering team yourself, modeling best practices and team execution to other teams and managers
- Create a performance-driven culture that emphasizes execution while encouraging creativity, passion, and a commitment to a shared company vision
- Technical Expertise:You are an engineer at heart, and should have at least 8-10 years of demonstrated experience coding, ideally using back-end technologies and doing work on customer-accessible APIs.
- Managerial Experience: You have managed a team of at least 4 engineers (ideally with additional product managers and Agile roles) for 5 or more years, and have managed other managers for at least 2-3 years.
- Problem-Solving Skills:You can think both creatively and logically, and depend on data to inform your decisions. You have great instincts but don't make decisions based on instinct alone. You can also explain your decision-making process to your peers and team.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: You are comfortable reading, analyzing, and interpreting technical data and presentations, logs, usage metrics, customer reports, and can use all of them to form business-driven engineering conclusions.
- Attention to Detail: You don't have to delegate the details. You're comfortable getting into little areas of concern and consistently ensuring correctness and accuracy, and can demonstrate this to other engineers and managers
- Agile Expertise:You are not only familiar with Agile practices (SCRUM and Kanban in particular), but you have served as a Product Owner, SCRUM master, or other Agile role in your career for engineering or product teams.
Director of Engineering - Philanthropic FinTech start-up- San Fransisco / Bay Area - Must be experienced in developing engineers careers and skillsets - 401k, flexible working, shares, huge personal training budget that can be used on what makes you happy (!), 16 weeks parental leave, full medical, 30 days PTO
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.