Barnsley, South Yorkshire
£35000 - £50000 per annum + pension, 35 days holiday, flexitime
about 2 months ago
This is a role for a highly-motivated software developer, with good judgement, who is comfortable working as part of a small and excellent team.
With a keen understanding of our business and IT strategies, you'll translate complex requirements into technical specifications and solutions. You'll then work through the full development life-cycle to deliver and support improved and robust IT solutions
From working within a team of developers, to implementing software solutions and creating technical specifications. With a strong background in development, you'll be familiar with a range of computer programming languages, databases, operating systems and hardware platforms, and able not just to create technical solutions, but to implement them yourself as well.
Have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding and systems design, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems
Architect, design, and create solutions
* Write unit tests.
* Ensure their code adheres to best practice
* Worked as part of a scrum/kanban team
Essential Skill Requirements:
- Successful track record in design and development of complex applications
- Proven experience in .NET, C#, Oracle, PL/SQL, MS SQL, Design Patterns
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder skills
- Strong experience with agile project methodologies
- Experience using cutting edge technologies - when to use and when not to use
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server
- One of the following: - Unity, Ninject, Spring.Net, StructureMap or Dependency Injection (DI)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Adheres to the values of Focus, Commitment, Respect, Courage & Openness
Desirable Skill Requirements:
- Understanding of a manufacturing sector a bonus
- Oracle 11i
Oscar Technology Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.