York, North Yorkshire
£35000 - £42000 per annum
23 days ago
I have partnered with an exciting technology company who are building a platform to connect agricultural data enabling them to deliver insights to their customers around the globe. They provide a variety of products and services to the agricultural sector and a range of software solutions for our clients and partners principally through their platform.
An opportunity has arisen to join a company going through a great period of growth who are looking for a .NET Developer to help with the development and integration of their services.
The majority of the role will revolve around the development, improvement and expansion of the their a client-facing portal which provides various online digital mapping services to our clients and partners.
Working Pattern: 80% Remote (1 day a week in office)
Salary: up to £42,000
You will be involved in:
- Improving and Integrating existing web apps across the business
- Developing APIs to send and receive data between internal platforms and external third party applications
- Integrating with third party APIs to send and receive data between our platform and theirs
- Translating user stories and wireframes into high-quality frontend interfaces
- Developing reusable components and libraries for use across solutions
- Supporting product development and tenders through quick prototyping of new concepts and ideas
What they are looking for:
The role would suit an individual who can work both independently and collaboratively within a team who can work effectively to meet deadlines and actively come us with innovative solutions to problems. They are looking for an individual who actively keeps up to date with the newest technologies and experience with the following:
- Building large scale web applications in ASP.NET(C#, MVC)
- Developing web views using Bootstrap, HTML5 and CSS
- Working with databases (Entity Framework, LINQ and SQL)
- Integration with third party APIs
- Passion for writing clean, modular, reusable and maintainable code
The following skills would be desirable but can be learnt:
- Experience working with Google Map APIs
- Experience of working with APIs, JSON and GeoJSON
- Linq, ECMAScript/ES6, .NET Core
- Comfortable with code versioning tools, and peer code reviews (Git / BitBucket)
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.