Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
.NET Developer - Fully Remote - Clean Code & TDD Focus
Oscar are partnering with a fully remote software house, supporting their search for a .NET Developer, who will be working with their clients on creating a microservices based platform that is built using clean, scalable code with a TDD focus.
In what will be a multi-faceted role, you'll be working closely with your team to create a product in a manner that is focused around the idea that everything could be scaled in the future. The current roadmap will see the entire product existing on .NET 5 before the end of the year.
Typical projects tend to be focused around creating a bespoke implementation of the platform for new clients, often including integrations with 3rd party platforms. That being said, due to the focus of the platform being based solely around clean, scalable code, there are no deadlines on tickets, and no pressure to rush things over the line.
What they are looking for from you
First and foremost, the client will consider anybody who has a solid grounding in the world of .NET Development - whilst your current employer doesn't necessarily need to be this way, your mindset needs to be driven around creating good, clean code using best practices.
What people DO need to have is:-
- A solid understanding/background in the world of .NET.
- Experience of working on/with web applications, ideally those built with MVC design patterns.
- Have an understanding of APIs and how they work.
- Have lots of initiative and able to work autonomously as there is no office for the team to meet up and collaborate in.
- A desire to use best practice, mainly focused around TDD & clean code.
- A desire to learn new technologies, and pick up new skills - in exchange for significant investment from the business towards your personal development.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.