Manchester, Greater Manchester
£375 - £550 per day
23 days ago
My client is looking for an Elixir Developer to work on a migration project to translate an application built in Elixir into Node.JS for an inital 6-month period with view to extend for another 6-months upon satisfactory work and requirments.
You will be wokring with stakeholders and colleagus to understand, plan and execute migrations of systems from the Elixir programming language to Node.JS in their desired stack (NestJS)
6-Month Contract Initally
Fully remote role with offices in Manchester should you wish to work there.
£375-550 per day depending on experience.
The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running and have the following set of skills:
- Able to translate Elixir code into NodeJS code and ensure feature parity in implementations
- Knowledge/understanding of microservices and distributed systems
- Understanding of containerisation
- Working understanding of DB engines; specifically Postgres
- Excellent written and verbal communication with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Build robust and scalable APIs in NodeJS with TypeScript
- Write maintainable code that can be understood by engineers of all levels
- Build robust automated tests to test edge cases and ensure consistency in our products
- Able to create legible and verbose documentation of work undertaken for dissemination
- Knowledge of NestJS framework and it's idiosyncrasies
Please note, you must be UK based to complete the work.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.