£80000 - £100000 per annum
14 days ago
This Financial Services/Tech Company in Cardiff is looking for a Head of Business Intelligence who will be an analytics and reporting expert and team leader who applies critical thinking skills to provide key insights supporting financial, strategic and operating priorities; along with owning and managing an overarching corporate data governance, data integrity and data management strategy.
The individual in this role will interface effectively with team members and senior leadership across functions to assess business and reporting priorities in order to effectively and efficiently support the strategic, operational and data needs of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for Business Intelligence team leadership for all members of the department, with ultimate accountability for tactical, ad hoc, and strategic initiatives and deliverables
- Ownership of the overarching corporate data governance, data integrity and data management processes, strategy and vision for the company.
- Provide leadership and insights to answer critical business questions and anticipate opportunities based on analytical, data, and business knowledge.
- Communicate to key decision makers including senior leadership, to facilitate decision making and project execution on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Maintain, manage and analyse reports that currently reside outside of automated systems and drive improvements until they are fully integrated and automated.
- Create, implement and own comprehensive data governance strategy and roadmap, including building upon the existing data dictionary, addressing data integrity issues, and working cross functionally to solve root cause process or systems issues.
- This position requires strong proficiency in data analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving skills; along with a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Strong knowledge of SAS programming, Enterprise Guide, and experience extracting data from the database using SQL procedures.
- Strong aptitude for system automations and streamlining processes.
- Detail oriented with strong quantitative skills, and knowledge of business analysis and reporting techniques.
- Leadership skills and project management experience, at a level to be expected of a Head of Business Intelligence
- An ability to interface with all levels of management, including senior executives.
- Team-oriented aptitude; ability to work in a cross-functional environment and to accept multi-directional feedback.
- Interest and desire to be challenged, learn, and work in a dynamic, fast-growing company.
THE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Annual discretionary company bonus scheme - performance related
- 30 days' paid annual holidays + bank holidays
- Flexible working-working from home
- Career Progression and technical training opportunities
- Contributory pension plan - employer's contribution rate of up to 10%
- Health care scheme (contributory)
- Employee loan scheme
- Cycle to work scheme to the Cardiff office
- Wellbeing Activities
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.