Birmingham, West Midlands
£70000 - £100500 per annum
12 days ago
Head of Product - Birmingham - Up to £105k salary -Benefits package including remote working options, flexible working options, bonus structure and extensive training and development opportunities
I'm working with an extremely exciting software company based in Birmingham who are on a mission to find a talented and experienced Head of Product to join their team. Reporting into the CTO, you will be responsible for running the Product Development teams and directing stakeholders towards working in the most agile way possible.
As the Head of Product you will be running a close-knit team within a company that encourage flexibility and creativity. Daily activities will include; working with the Development teams, managing Product Owners and bringing unity to the different departments within the business to encourage an agile and forward-thinking way of operating.
Based in Birmingham, this software company are one of a kind within their field. They have spent the last 18 years building and developing online platforms for education leaders and due to ongoing success, they are now looking to grow their talented team even further. They are passionate about helping their staff to grow and develop and do this by methods such as having platforms in place to allow their staff to gain accreditations and get regular promotions. As well as a generous salary of up to £80k, this company is also offering the opportunity for flexible working, remote working and a generous bonus scheme.
- Lead and define product mission, strategy and management practices at a leadership and business level in a period of critical business growth.
- Define the overall product vision with founders and own the resulting product roadmap in partnership with the executive team.
- Communicate a clear product vision and roadmap to the entire team, and to clients.
- Own the end-to-end processes related to product discovery, from identifying problems and opportunities, to defining solutions that will deliver to customers.
- As a member of the management team, contribute to the overall business strategy. Aid in the identification of new opportunities.
- Extensive experience as a product leader/manager within a tech business that successfully scaled
- Strong understanding of software products and businesses
- Excellent communicator, low ego, capable of motivating and energising the broader team and peers, with a proven ability to create a highly collaborative working environment.
- Deep analytical skills and demonstrable track record of a data-driven approach to product management.
- Technically literate and able to engage and collaborate closely with engineering counterparts. Ideally you have a technical degree (Computer Science or similar)
- Ideally, you have experience managing, recruiting, coaching and developing highly skilled talent in product management, design and user experience at all levels of an organisation.
- Demonstrable success in interpreting technology and market trends, converting these into winning product strategies, and successfully executing on these strategies and have them drive commercial success.
- Positive outlook, a hands-on approach and a naturally high work ethic focused on swift execution will be essential for this role as the company scales.
I look forward to reviewing your application and getting in touch.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.