LC HRC HTX_1604446978
21 days ago
HR & Compliance Officer - Houston, TX or Austin, TX
20 days PTO, 100% healthcare coverage (full benefits details below)
Why Join Oscar?
Proud to have received the maximum 3-star accreditation from best companies recognizing extraordinary levels of workplace engagement. Listed 22nd on The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to work for and 4th on the Top 75 Best Companies to Work for which we have been listed the number 1 Recruitment Company!
Our achievements, awards and increasingly positive reputation are what truly represent our aim to grow and develop to continuously enhance and improve what we do every single day.
We are leading specialists within the Technology, Digital, Life Sciences, Construction and Energy sector across our key territories of UK, USA and mainland Europe; we thrive off our cohesive culture and consistent year on year growth across our five offices.
With the launch of new teams and market sectors, the opening of two new US offices, internal promotions being at their highest, and ongoing investment in cutting edge recruitment software and tools; there has never been a better time to join us.
There is no secret to our success; it is down to our people. We are no ordinary company; this is no ordinary role, and you are not an ordinary HR professional.
There is A LOT going on; fast paced & dynamic would be serious understatements. This is not without direction nor is it fly by night, but we are agile & opportunity spotters.
We will treat you well & look after you. You will become part of the family & you will be recognized for your achievements in our meritocracy.
Being transparent we are demanding too; reading the above you will see we are ambitious, and our environment is key to our growth - you will be the guardian of our culture & champion of both the
mental & physical wellbeing of our team and contractors work force.
We seek someone with a passion for your craft, professionalism, knowledge & commercialism with a penchant for pragmatism.
Our environment is a performance culture, but is values led. This means at times you may be counsellor, confidant & body of support so empathy, understanding & great listening skills are necessary. We retain a wonderful psychologist to help our staff with life skills, resilience & mindfulness - an interest in this area would be brilliant.
Organization must be your middle name; you never miss a beat - spreadsheets, Trello, or pad & pen, you are granular. You will want to do important things!
You will work in our "People Dept" and be a pillar for our Head of People; she is currently on maternity leave so in the short term your key stake holders are the CEO & Directors, so you must be comfortable dealing with time-short, busy (but nice!) people if you are to enjoy the role.
Day to day duties are varied & great but you have the support of an experienced administration team. Excellent communication skills are also a much - the role will involve communicating at all levels within Oscar, client companies, partners, and contractors across different time zones. Ideally you will have worked in a recruitment firm, staffing agency or similar previously where you will have gained an understanding of different state laws / regulations, the differences between W2/C2C contractors, and what that means for us a business to ensure compliance in the regions we operate,
- Onboarding new starters & Inductions
- Offboarding leavers
- Sickness absence monitoring and reporting
- Processing internal transfers between offices including processing E2 visa applications for USA
- Administering Company Pension Scheme, Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance and Length of Service Awards
- Supporting Employee Wellbeing initiatives and programs
- Manage HR System (HiBOB)
- Provide advice and guidance on Health and Safety as well as performing Risk Assessments
- Responsible for Employee Relations
- Provide advice and guidance to senior leadership team on legislative regulations and changes to Employment Law
- Review, Update and Administer new Policies and Procedures as required
- Liaise with 3rd Party Benefit and Service providers
- Experience of multi state employment laws/regulations
- I-9 (Employment Verification) - maintain accurate and compliant records. Including the knowledge on how to correct an incorrect I-9.
- Identify opportunities for us to 'show-off' our amazing culture through strategic partnerships and workplace satisfaction awards.
- Champion our culture and drive engagement for our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives and other internal programs so we can always keep getting better!
What we Offer
- Competitive base salary and tailor-made progression plans so you can grow your career with us
- Full Medical Insurance (100 % employer contribution)
- Full Dental, short- & long-term disability & lifetime insurance (100 % employer contribution)
- Regular Vacation Incentives and company paid social events
- 20 days PTO + public holidays
- Free vacation between Christmas & New Year
- 12pm Friday finishes every week
- Flexi-hours and work from home options
- Enhanced paid leave for important life events
If you would like to be a key part of our journey, please contact Lee Cohen, or follow the links to Apply Now!
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.