US$45000 - US$60000 per annum + + full benefits
LC HRC ATX_1626136253
22 days ago
HR & Compliance Officer - Staffing Agency
- Houston, TX or Austin, TX
- $45,000 - $60,000 base salary
- 20 days PTO, 100% healthcare coverage (full benefits details below)
What others are saying about Oscar?
Proud to have received the maximum 3-star accreditation from best companies recognizing extraordinary levels of workplace engagement. Recognized in 2021 by Inc 5000 as the 19th fastest growing private business in Texas with over 600% revenue growth. Listed 22nd on The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to work for and 4th on the Top 75 Best Companies to Work for in the North West, of which we have been listed the number 1 Recruitment Company!
Why Join Oscar?
Our achievements, awards, and positive reputation (4.5+/5 on Glassdoor) are what truly represent our aim to grow and develop to continuously enhance and improve what we do every single day.
We are leading specialists within distinct brand across the Technology, Digital, Life Sciences, Energy (both Oil & Gas and Renewables), and Construction sectors across our key territories of UK, USA, and mainland Europe; we thrive off our cohesive culture and consistent year on year growth across our seven offices.
With the launch of new teams and market sectors, the opening of our more North American locations, internal promotions being at their highest and ongoing investment in innovative recruitment software and tools; there has never been a better time to join us!
There is no secret to our success; it is down to our people.
We are no ordinary company; this is no ordinary role, and you are not an ordinary HR professional. There is A LOT going on; fast paced & dynamic would be serious understatements.
Being transparent we are demanding too; reading the above you will see we are ambitious, and our environment is key to our growth - you will be the guardian of our corporate compliance and champion the wellbeing of our team and W2 contractor work force.
Our environment is a performance culture, but is values led. This means at times you may be counsellor, confidant & body of support. So, trust, empathy, understanding & great listening skills are necessary.
Organization must be your middle name; you never miss a beat - spreadsheets, project management, or pad & pen, you are granular. You will want to do important things and have exceptional attention to detail!
You will work in our "People & Culture Department," but will have close ties to our US Managing Director, the Talent Acquisition, Payroll, Operations, IT, and Contractor Care teams.
Ideally you will have worked in a recruitment firm, staffing agency or similar previously where you will have gained an understanding of different state laws / regulations, the differences between W2/C2C contractors, and what that means for us a business to ensure compliance in the regions we operate,
- Onboarding internal new starters and W2 contractors
- Delivering inductions and ensuring that new joiners have everything they need for a smooth start
- Offboarding leavers, exit interviews, and supervising performance plans.
- Sickness absence monitoring and reporting
- Administering Length of Service and internal achievement awards
- Supporting Employee Wellbeing initiatives and programs
- Manage HR System (HiBOB)
- Identify opportunities for us to 'show-off' our amazing culture through strategic partnerships and workplace satisfaction awards.
- Champion our culture and drive engagement for our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives and other internal programs so we can always keep getting better!
- Provide advice and guidance on Data Protection, Health and Safety as well as performing Risk Assessments
- Provide advice and guidance to senior leadership team on legislative regulations and changes to Employment Law
- Review, Update and Administer new Policies and Procedures as required
- Keeping track and advising the business on multi state employment laws/regulations
- I-9 (Employment Verification) - maintain accurate and compliant records.
- Processing internal transfers between offices including processing E2 visa applications and dealing with third party lawyers.
- Reviewing Terms of Business, Contracts, and Work Orders.
What we offer
- Competitive base salary and personal development plans that enable you to grow your career with us long term
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- & Long-term Disability, Life Insurance (100% paid by us)
- 20 days PTO + National Holidays + Free vacation between Christmas & New Year
- Flexible hours, work from home options, and 12pm Friday finishes every week!
- Company iPhone & Laptop
- Enhanced paid leave and sabbaticals for important life events.
- Health & Wellness initiatives (may include Gym membership, free healthy snacks provided, massages, partnerships with mental health services)
Our 2022 vision includes 3 new office launches and over 70 new members of the team and we have the appetite to invest even more. What that means for you is the opportunity mold your role into to something that you can be proud of as we continue to grow.
If you would like to be a key part of our journey, please contact Lee Cohen, or follow the links to Apply Now!
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.