North West England, England
Up to £80000 per annum + Extensive Benefits
about 2 months ago
I'm on the hunt for a top notch iOS Technical Lead to join a market-leading team on an exciting project...
Reporting into their Head of Engineering for Channels, my client is looking for a future-thinking iOS Technical Lead to come with them on a huge digital transformation…
The client is in an exciting phase of change; along with the rest of the world, they're embarking on a hugely impactful digital journey, both for their people and their customers. What's great is that this position plays a key role in ensuring that the company not only reach our goals in the web development space but as a wider engineering practice, at a healthy pace. You'll lead a small team of motivated iOS and Java Developers, developing the commercial mobile applications, focusing on the swift development as a SME, using modern development standards, technologies and techniques.
What they're looking for in a Technical Lead:
- Experience in developing high quality, scalable and efficient iOS apps at an enterprise scale, with a solid understanding of the full software development cycle
- Knowledge and experience with: XCode, Swift and material design principles, using and integrating web APIs, Cocoapods Library Management and cloud technologies ideally AWS
- Passion and understanding for user experience, especially the value of embedding strong UX design principles within a squad
- Able to maintain the highest standard of code quality, unit tests, code coverage - using CI/CD principles with Gitlab or Jenkins and SonarQube or similar
- Experience in working in an Agile environment with continuous integration and delivery with a good understanding of how the squad-model operates
- Experience working in or building a scalable DevOps environment. Able to proactively assist team with transformation and change
- Excellent communicator with ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passionate about creating a future-fit, engineering practice and growing our technology and people capability accordingly
- Influential team leader with experience in coaching and mentoring both around technical and behavioural skills
- Able to thrive in a disruptive and fast-growing environment, hungry learn and help the organisation evolve
Nice to have (though not essential):
- Knowledge and experience with: The Eclipse IDE, Java, Maven/Gradle and web app design patterns for back-end systems
- Experience with Scrum and Kanban development methodologies and associated processes and tools.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive package and benefits including a range of flexible working options with the latest technology to support
- You play a critical part in this digital journey from its early stages - the potential to own and impact change is endless!
- Work in an environment where failing fast is encouraged; they love experimenting and trying new things!
Send me an email to find out more. Not for you but know someone who might be interested? You could earn yourself £500 in referral fees...
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.