£28000 - £35000 per annum + bupa, pension, bonus
about 1 year ago
Java Analyst / Support Developer
We are looking for a Java Analyst / Support Developer for a leading software company based in Nottingham, looking for someone that will provide a mixture of hotfix's and minor change requests
- This role has responsibility for 3rd Line Software Product Support activities
- The main job scope includes, troubleshooting and fixing complex software issues for line-of-business application/software developed by Experian that are running in the customers' production environments as well as during software delivery stages.
- Take ownership of incident resolution to restore normal service as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Implement software fixes at the source code level.
- Coordinate the resolution of problems through to release of Hot Fixes when needed.
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with clients from around the globe and managing client expectations.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Proven I.T. experience with at least 2 years in Java development / support environment.
- Intermediate experience with at least one Database platform such as Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, DB2 etc.
- Experience of troubleshooting software issues on multiple operating systems and platforms such as Windows, Unix, Mainframes, VM, Cloud and Citrix.
- Candidate should ideally possess a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Software Engineering or equivalent.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, results-oriented, ambitious, enthusiastic, have an interest in I.T., be keen to learn new technologies and have analytical & problem solving skills.
This role is incredibly varied and could include exposure and training where necessary on some of the following software and technologies: Java, SQL, Databases, Windows, Unix/Linux, Mainframe, Open Source tools such as Ajax, Spring, Maven, Bit Bucket etc. and more.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.