£35000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus, BUPA, Life
26 days ago
Java Developer - Machine Learning platform
One of the worlds largest software groups has a requirement for a mid-level Java Developer to join a small but growing team based in Theale, working on a data-driven application that is Machine Learning capability into its functionality. The are looking for experience of developing scalable software applications using Java 8, so require strong core Java skills but you will be working across the full stack of their product so will get the chance to work with TypeScript and Angular 6, along with planned introduction of tech like AWS, Hadoop & Spark.
The product you will be developing is a new data discovery, cleansing, and reporting platform, that will scale to process billions of records and talks to big-data frameworks like Hadoop. Future developments include making use of machine learning algorithms, cloud hosting, and connectors to leading data visualisation and BI tools like Tableau.
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to learn new technologies
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong core Java knowledge
- Experience with build tools such as Gradle or Maven
- Familiarity with source control such as Git
- Knowledge of IDEs such as IntelliJ or similar
- Agile development practices
- Experience writing automated test code
- TypeScript experience will be advantageous including frameworks such as Angular, Redux, & Jasmine
- Experience working on high performance data processing and ETL systems
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.