Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Training budget, bonus
30 days ago
Java Software Engineer - EXCELLENT TRAINING
One of Newcastle's fastest growing technology companies are looking to add experienced Java Software Engineers to their ranks to meet growing demand - there are multiple openings here
The role in brief
You will be largely working with a core of Java 8+ and frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot and Hibernate. You will also occasionally use Languages like Scala and Kotlin. You will be working in an Agile delivery model following engineering quality & deployment best practices. Depending on projects, you will also working with frameworks like Spark & Kafka, plus a mixture of RDBMS and Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, etc)
You will primarily be delivering projects from our clients Newcastle offices but occasionally you might go to meet a client, most of which are in the North East.
They've expanded a great deal in a short space of time and have developed an excellent reputation for providing high quality & scalable software products & advisory services to a mixture of private & public sector clients. Unlike some of the multi-billion dollar consultancies operating in the North East, our client have good reputation for delivering on their promises, without compromising on quality.
Other cool things
You'll get an allocated training budget where you can spend wherever you want. You can claim courses and conferences back on expenses. This will allow you to set your training agenda to suit YOU!
What they are looking from you
- Ideally around 2+ years of working commercially with Java 8 and above
- It would be a big plus if you have experience with other JVM languages like Scala, Kotlin & Clojure
- Experience with Junit / Mockito
- Some experience working in an agile environment
- Spring & Spring Boot framework
- Experience with developing Microservices
- Knowledge of RDBMS and / or Cloud platforms
- CI / CD with something like Jenkins
- Experience with XP practices such as TDD and pair-programming
- RESTful architecture
- Continuous Delivery
This role might suit someone looking for continued variety in their working life, developing new products & platforms regularly and looking at solutions to real-world problems.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.