£21001 - £24000 per annum
17 days ago
Junior Java Developer
One of Essex's most successful international SaaS businesses are looking to grow their software engineering teams with their next intake of Junior Software Engineers
Joining one of their software product teams, the Java Developers will be helping to scale and improve the product, as well as learning the importance staying on top of technical debt.
The tech stack is largely based around Java 8+, Spring, Spring Boot, some Hibernate and increasingly AWS and it's associated services
What's in it for me?
- Joining a business that has an awesome pedigree of growing and progressing Software Engineers from within the business. Several of their Lead Engineers started here after Uni.
- Grow applied an knowledge of Java and the associated ecosystem. Learn how important it is the maintain a high quality of codebase, and the steps used in industry achieve that.
- After a period of settling in, the business is comfortable with people working from home on occasion. Like most businesses, that flexibility has to work both ways, so this oiption is only open to people that can get to their offices reasonably easily when required.
Sounds good, what are they looking for from me?
- A degree in Computer Science or a STEM topic.
- Some applied Java experience, ideally in a commercial setting.
- A broad understanding of the factors that affect software performance & quality.
- Strong problem solving skills and zest for constant learning
Easy commute from most of Essex, Ipswich, Colchester and parts of Cambridgeshire
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.