£20000 - £24000 per annum
11 months ago
Junior Java Engineer - Maidstone, Kent
I'm looking for a recent graduate who wants to be part of a digital transformation for a large E-commerce company. There is a good opportunity to use your creative side and work to devise solutions to real world problems. Rather than join a well oiled machine, where your day to day tasks are bordering on tedious, you will get to be part of a creative unit where innovation is key!
What they want from you:
- Experience Developing in Java.
- Some SQL knowledge of a RDBMS from a developer's perspective.
- Degree in an IT or science based subject, or relevant commercial experience of a business application
- Logical thinker with interest in a career in IT development
Nice to haves:
- JQuery, Json, SASS
- Spring MVC
- XML/REST and web services.
- Unit testing (any framework)
- Mobile / small device application development
The company have had significant investment info the tech function and as a result are hiring a number of software engineers to form a new R&D function. The purpose of this team will not only be to conceive and test out new software products that can help grow the business, but also pioneer new best practice methodologies.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.