£21000 - £24000 per annum + BUPA
4 days ago
Junior Java Developer
I'm working with an expanding software house based near Chelmsford in Essex, in their hunt for a number of Graduate Java Developers to support them through the next phase of growth. They are looking for Java Developers at all levels that help improve the functionality across a range of products that they sell to the automotive industry
Different teams & products are using different Java-based architectures, however it is expected that Graduate Java Developers should have completed a Batchelor's or Masters Degree in a Software Engineering related discipline and have some experience with Java Development, ideally from an Internship, Sandwich placement or Research work.
The company comprises of several small teams delivering products and applications used by globally recognised automotive clients. This will provide you with an opportunity to engage with a variety of people, cultures and dynamics.
For the successful candidate, the role can be tailored to your skills and strengths. They offer a variety of roles using the technologies you are passionate about and levels of contact with customers that you are comfortable with.
Aside from the development aspects of the position, you will be expected to perform 'deep dive' investigations and analysis on software, suggesting code and infrastructure improvements, ultimately providing our clients with improved performance, stability and end-user experience of their systems.
To apply for this role you should demonstrate the following:
- Degree-level training or at least 1 year of commercial experience with Java web programming.
- We are always trying to improve quality. You should have a keen eye for detail and a passion to follow good practices.
- A genuine passion for technology in general.
- Basic understanding of the HTTP protocol.
- Effective operational proficiency with the English Language (Level C1 or better of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Experience with the following technology:
- MVC concepts
- Agile development processes
- Practical experience with web-based user interface technology such as HTML, CSS,
- JBoss Application Server (WildFly)
- Source version control (ideally with Git)
- Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs)
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.