Bristol City Centre, Bristol
£20000 - £35000 per annum + competitive benefits
15 days ago
Junior QA Test Engineer (Manual Testing, AGILE/Waterfall, JIRA and Regression Testing) - BRISTOL - 35k - Flexitime, Core Hours 10-4, Remote Working, Training, Bring your dog to work, Regular socials, 24 days holiday, Christmas Shutdown, Cycle to work scheme, 3 x Annual Salary Insurance, Career progression opportunities, High street vouchers, Private health care (+ eye care tests), 3% /8% Pension, Annual Salary and Bonus Scheme, Exclusive Discounts, 50% off Gym Membership, Formal flexible working requests.
What's in it for you?
Having been established for over 15 years and being the bright idea of an inspirational Managing Director with a strong vision, this company prides themselves on being at the forefront of innovation and creativity and are also highly proud of the investment that they make into their employees. The software development marketspace is becoming increasingly competitive, but this middle-sized tech vendor is continuing to disrupt the marketplace with its vibrant ideas and bursts of creativity. This means for you that you will continue to stay in the cutting-edge space of the technology market - whilst learning and thriving off talented professionals, but continuing to test 'clean and clever' code in a 'work hard, play hard' environment alongside a great bunch of people.
As a Junior QA Test Engineer (manual testing, AGILE/Waterfall, JRIA, regression) you will be joining one of the web / platform teams within a highly-established and well known business to evaluate, repair and rejuvenate the testing lifecycle- transforming and building bespoke software.
- You will work in an agile, collaborative environment with developers and account managers to create the best multiple platform software for each of their clients.
- Analyst the requirements of projects in collaboration with Business Analysts and develop a plan with support to mitigate the risks to system quality.
- Estimate time and resources required to perform testing with defined timescales.
- Identify and generate scenarios needed for robust testing coverage.
- You should have experience of developing test plans for tasks, dependencies and participants, have robust testing setup experience and enforce all processes for testing in conjunction with company processes.
- Ensure effective and efficient testing across projects.
- Document, implement, monitor and enforce all processes for testing as per the standards laid out in the test strategy.
- Ensure content and structure of testing documents, artifacts and processes is documented and maintained.
- You should have a track record of holding a high standard of quality throughout project processes.
- Ensure testing is rigorous, accurate and up to date
- Work with software engineers to help them understand quality standards and contribute to the testing effort through automated testing.
- Report on testing progress and dependencies to the Project Manager and Test Lead to ensure the timely delivery of different testing milestones
- Be a gatekeeper on quality for project releases
By taking on the role of QA Engineer (manual testing, AGILE/Waterfall, JRIA, regression) you will be a vital part of the companies future, therefore you must have drive, ambition and desire to be successful whilst having a diligent nature. With a designated point of contact and a supportive team culture, you will be trained to deliver services in conjunction with the company processes. Within a diverse team in terms of skillset, you are sure to be constantly learning and evolving as a professional. Ultimately, the company are aiming to make the move over to automation testing altogether in due course. This will provide you with an opportunity to learn automation testing together with the business, make a big impact on the company and even better develop yourself as a professional.
In the 15 years that they've been established, they've invested a lot of time into their company culture and the respect for their employees is highly important to them. They review benefits on an annual basis, with the intentions of always getting better and better. The management have been noted as 'supportive and friendly', where everyone is on the same page. They have a collective positive attitude which reflects from every employee, to every customer that they work with. They are known for supporting people through times of need- whilst delivering fantastic solutions, getting the job done with a 'work hard, play hard' culture, whilst continuing to grow and expand at a rapid pace. Lastly, they recognise that your time with them is not just about delivering exceptional projects - but also developing yourself as a professional. In return for your efforts, you will receive personal development plans with yearly salary reviews. You will also be provided with a strong opportunity to join a bunch of bright minds where you will continue to grow, learn and excel in a hub of talent. They are home to some of the most talented and inventive IT professionals that exist and nurture talent whilst providing opportunity with great training. You will always be 'on top' will the opportunities provided, attending technology conferences and playing with innovative solutions.
The company have high staff retention rates, a 'family' feel environment and are known for having great scope in terms of career progression and growth- what they are looking for is someone to grow and thrive with them.
- 5 hours a week - Core working hours 10-4
- Remote working days
- Bring your dog to work
- 3% Pension Contribution (8% with yours)
- Single Private healthcare (You can add family members with an additional cost)
- 3 x Annual Salary life insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- 24 days holiday
- Christmas Closure
- Annual salary and bonus scheme
- 50% off gym membership
- Exclusive discounts
- Formal flexible working requests
- Free fruit and biscuits
Junior QA Test Engineer - BRISTOL - 35k
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.