Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£25000 - £35000 per annum + flex working
11 days ago
Junior to Mid-level Business Analyst
Oscar Technology are partnered with a Sheffield-based technology-driven firm that are looking to add 2 Business Analysts to their growing team.
The Business Analysts would each be assigned to an Agile squad made-up up of Software Engineers & QAs developing a mixture of their bespoke CRM platform and customer web portals, with the Business Analyst tasked with gathering requirements, creating User Stories, breaking them down into smaller tasks and then feeding them into a product backlog, which they also help to manager.
With these positions coming about through continued growth, in the mid-term the BA roles have different developmental paths: either work towards a Lead BA role or progress towards a full-blown Product Owner role.
Requirements for the role
- At least 12 months experience in a Business Analysis OR a position with Business Analyst duties (i.e. PM, QA, etc)
- Experience of creating User Stories & Story Slicing
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to priories workload. You'll be managing product backlogs so you need to work with others to understand what is important, and in what order.
- Experience in a client-facing position where you organise & facilitate things like workshops, and understand their business needs and translate those into requirements.
- Have knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Have lots of initiative and able to work autonomously.
- Have experience at project initiation or discovery.
- A background of using data to inform your decisions and influence the decisions of your clients and colleagues.
Our client are a 10 minute walk from Sheffield Station and post-Covid they are retaining lots of the work from home options for those that require flexibility
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.