Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£35000 - £90000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Junior to Senior Level Android Developer
From £35,000 up to £90,000
Remote - Four visits per month to London/Newcastle office
An award-winning supplier of mobile and front-end technology to iGaming operators are looking to provide multiple opportunities for passionate, driven junior right the way through to senior Android Developers to join their software engineer team!
Where you will work on highly scalable, performant, maintainable and secure Web and Mobile applications for clients in the gaming sector, this includes sports betting, casino and lottery applications. Their mobile apps get are downloaded millions of times.
The company use SOLID principles, Clean Code/Architecture, TDD and CI/CD to deliver high quality and maintainable codes this enables their engineers to make changes more easily, safely and faster so longstanding relationships can form with their clients.
Follow the best practices:
- They build their own modules for reusable code across our apps.
- All their new code is written in Kotlin
- TDD so they know when their code breaks.
- They are constantly striving to improve their security processes.
- They follow the SOLID principles and are always trying to leave the code cleaner than found.
- They have a great CI setup, with Jenkins validating their commits and running automated code quality checks through SonarQub
- Extensive experience in Android development.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience building adaptive UIs for mobile devices
- Experience in deploying apps to the Play Store
- Understanding of core computer science principles and concepts i.e. MVC, OOP, memory management.
- Remote/Flexible Working
- Quarterly team events
- Birthday Holiday
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Tech Loan Scheme
- Performance bonus & profit share scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel Loan scheme
- Supplies of fresh fruits, cereals, biscuits, nibbles, etc. in the offices
- Friday-evening beers
- Relevant training and training budget
How to apply
Send over your up to date CV!
If this role isn't right for you, do you know someone that might be interested?
**** You could earn £1,000 of retail vouchers if you refer a successful candidate to Oscar ****
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to recommend someone.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.