about 2 months ago
Why Join Oscar?
Proud to have received the maximum 3-star accreditation from best companies recognising extraordinary levels of workplace engagement. Listed 9th on The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to work for 2020, of which we have been listed the number 1 Recruitment Company!
We are leading specialists within the Technology and Digital sector across our key territories of UK, USA and as of 2019 mainland Europe; we thrive off our cohesive culture and consistent year on year growth across our three offices.
With the launch of new teams and market sectors, the opening of our 2nd USA office, internal promotions being at their highest and ongoing investment in cutting edge recruitment software and tools; there has never been a better time to join us.
There is no secret to our success; it is down to our people
In the past year we have experienced some very exciting business growth, with a significant increase in our internal headcount, as well as an 87% uplift in our yearly turnover. Last year we had 17 internal promotions and Oscar’s most recent promotion is that of our Training Manager who was recently promoted to Operations Director. Due to this promotion, we are now looking to bring in an experienced L&D/Training Manager within our most important business function to join our successful Head Office in Manchester.
This role offers global scope, where you will have a direct line of communication reporting into the CEO. The position will involve a lot of autonomy and you will need to have experience interacting at all business levels, ideally across global offices, from entry level recruiters to experienced managers.
You will be training entry level recruiters new to the recruitment industry by owning first day introductions, leading candidate and business development training and teaching them the full recruitment lifecycle. You will be integral in designing bespoke framework for experienced consultants and leaders at Oscar, that will be effective both in classroom settings and 1-2-1 sessions.
You will be a creative individual who is eager to bring new ideas; there will be ample opportunity to revamp, redesign and roll out new internal training framework in line with Oscar’s already famous ‘School of Excellence’.
Key areas of responsibility will include: Liaising with key senior business stakeholders to understand training needs, as well as designing and delivering training initiatives to roll out across the global business.
You will be the ‘go to’ person for training and development at Oscar, working to coach a number of individual needs, from supporting our leadership team on best training practices to bespoke 1-2-1 mentoring.
We have huge success when it comes to hiring entry level recruiters, with the average time for their first promotion being just 4 months. These metrics will be important to you as you will look to work collaboratively with your stakeholders to create the most effective framework, with the goal in mind to increase training conversions and overall success rates.
You will seek feedback through in-depth training analysis to understand the impact of training initiatives on performance, one-to-one coaching and group sessions ensuring the quality is kept high across the business.
- Previous experience of working in a training & development role within a Recruitment business
- Previous experience of designing and delivering training frameworks at varying experience levels from entry level through to business leaders
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Experience reporting into senior level business leaders
- Ability to report on key metrics and make smart data led decisions to improve efficiencies
What we offer
- Competitive basic salary with performance bonus
- A leading Smartphone
- Company laptop
- Reward Portal - make your money go further with discount codes and reloadable store cards
- Bi-annual targets for trips abroad - Ibiza, Majorca, Las Vegas, Prague, Barcelona etc
- Flexi-hours for parents
- Flexi-hours for senior consultants and above (you can reach this in 18 months
- Enhanced paid leave for important life events
- Employee charity committee
- Employee social committee
- Pension - access to a workplace pension with employer and employee contribution
- Annual day at the races
- 4pm Friday finish, 3pm payday Friday finish
- Fresh fruit daily
- Health cash plan £1,000+ cash back on everyday healthcare
- Employee assistance programme
- Free flu vaccinations
- Discounted health club membership
- On-site fitness sessions
Hit Apply now!