Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60001 - £85000 per annum + 6-8% profit share
about 1 month ago
Lead Agile Business Analyst - Consultancy / £85k
For Senior or Lead Agile Business Analysts that love to work on challenging, truly Agile, user centric products & platforms, then one of Oscar IT Consultancy clients are looking to add a Lead Business Analyst to their Competency Unit.
This is working for company with ingrained values around personal development, plus strong ethics around the sorts of projects that they are willing to take on (no 'Border Force' projects here) and always, always Agile!
They are looking for 'Lead' level Business Analysts but would look at 'Seniors' that are looking to step up.
These are a long established technology consultancy who are among a group of similar-minded businesses that only sell solutions that they can deliver. Where our client stand apart is that they have strong ethical values - they will not take on work that they do not believe in.
They also have strong values around personal development & offering clear lines of progression, reinvesting 10% of their turnover back into L&D. If for example, you harbour ambitions of eventually moving into Product, Delivery or Architecture, you can work with them to design your career pathway & learning to aid this.
Over the last few years, they've taken on some massive projects in the Public & Private sectors, including rescuing & re-launching a one the UK's most widely adopted mobile applications.
Your role will play a key part in leading engagements with their clients, be that leading discovery work, turning that into product visions that become deliverables for the engineering team.
As a Lead Business Analyst, you will also act as a mentor & coach to other Business Analysts, shaping a continuous improvement culture around standards.
You need to be something of a guru around Agile, including Scrum methodology, plus Extreme Programming approaches like TDD and also Continuous Integration & delivery.
Skills & Requirements:
- We are looking for an Agile Business Analyst with a technical background in software engineering and an in-depth knowledge of Agile approaches such as Scrum, Lean, Extreme Programming, Test Driven Development, and Continuous Integration & Delivery.
- You have proven your excellent leadership, communication, and stakeholder management skills in various successful software development projects.
- You have experience in working at the different phases of a project, from discovery/inception through to delivery and release of the product or service.
- Experience in facilitating workshops using a wide variety of techniques and innovation games like user story mapping and assumption mapping.
- Capturing Epics, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria for client requirements, working with developers and QA testers to prepare user stories for delivery, using techniques such as 3-Amigos to ensure a shared understanding.
- Management of the project backlog, including prioritisation with the Product Owner, with user-centred requirements engineering, acceptance criteria and testing charters
- Prove ability in building trusted relationships through collaborating with our clients to define and agree the project roadmap, being able to focus on short, medium, and long-term goals and value to the client.
- You follow goal oriented and structured approaches for project analysis, coordination and planning.
- You are familiar with user-centred requirements engineering, acceptance criteria and testing charters.
- You actively participate and contribute to the BA community, promoting new approaches and methodologies
- Loads of flexible working, but ideally need to be within 1 hour of Manchester or Edinburgh offices
- Group Profit share (paid out in April, starts accruing from the first day of employment, 6-8% depending on Senior or Lead Grading)
- Life Assurance - 4 x annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Long-term Sickness Insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Pension (6% Company contribution if you put in 5%)
- 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Tailored support for professional development
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.