Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £75000 per annum + additional benefits
3 months ago
Role: Lead Mobile Developer
Salary: £45,000 upto £75,000
A highly successful technology-focused business which offers huge opportunities to learn new skills in a supportive and creative environment, and to make a significant contribution to shaping its future. With over four million members and over 10,000 participating across our three brands. We are proud to say that our members currently spend more than £600M annually with our products; ensuring that our cooperative proposition remains strong. The team strive because they focus on the core cultural principles of the business and the fact no two days are ever the same. If you are a leader who has a passion for mobile development, team building and working on multiple exciting projects, this one is for you.
The team are looking for a enthusiastic Mobile architect/Head of mobile who is proficient in leading a Native app development team , enjoys working and leading within a agile process, thrives working with all members of the technical team and isn't afraid to take risks and share new ideas and process. You will work closely with key stakeholders including the CTO to ensure the IT team are able to leverage the right solutions in the market to drive the business forward and do so fluidly with in the agile environment.
As you will be steering the mobile division, the right person is expected to hit the ground running. The sort of person that can communicate strategy, plans and ideas to C-Level executives and stakeholders whilst being able to share those ideas effectively with developers and engineers and drive the process with their mobile team. The ideal individual will pull their sleeves up and get stuck in to overcome challenges, in a rewarding environment using the very latest tools and technologies, delivering innovative user experiences.
Skills, Experience, Responsibilities
* Experienced in defining strategy documents
* Strong knowledge of mobile app development and the user experience
* Experienced in producing High Level Designs
* Experienced in taking designs through governance and technical design authority
* Experience of leading developers
* Experience with implementing end-to-end app development pipelines
* Hands-on experience of developing mobile apps for iOS and Android
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* People Management Experience
* Solid Leadership skills
* The ability to provide effective performance feedback
* Create a team culture that is consistent with the overall organisation
* Always ensure compliance with company information and security policies in line with the ISO 27001 standard and GDPR standard BS10012 Additional
* Commercial experience with using different technologies such as Flutter
* Commercial experience with using Swift for iOS
* Experience with Java for Android
* Experience with API testing
* Use of other cross-platform tools
* Day to make a difference - opportunity for you to do a volunteer day for a charity of your choice where we will give you the day off work and pay for your travel expenses so you can go and achieve positive change outside of work. JDv1.0 Head of Mobile Restricted
* Experience something new - we will contribute £250 to you learning something new outside of work - it could be tap dancing to HGV driving - whatever takes your fancy, that you've always wanted to do!
* Cycle to work scheme.
* Employees receive membership cards for all 3 DCG brands with a £75 annual allowance and 12 memberships cards per year to give to family and friends (4 of each brand)
* Interest free loans on the latest Apple technology.
* Gym discounts & yoga classes.
* Healthcare cash plan - 24-hour GP helpline, private prescription services, partial reimbursement for your Dental, Optical, Therapy and Diagnosis costs plus atelephone helpline to assist with stress, debt, addiction and personal crisis
* All employees will gain access to retail savings through tastecard+. Amazing savings on gift cards, e-gift cards and discount vouchers, helping you save money on everything from your weekly shop to the latest fashion trends... or even a new TV!
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
* Contracted working hours are 08:30 start and 5:30 finish with flexi time offered 7-7 and core hours being 10am - 4pm.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.