£60000 - £70000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Lead Software Developer - Up to £70,000 per annum (DOE) - Fully remote
Job Purpose / Role Purpose:
I am looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer to join one of my clients core Engineering team and contribute to industry leading platforms. You will work closely with other Software Engineers, Test Engineers, Product Architects and Product Owners as part of an Agile Product team to drive our platforms forward, exploring new technologies and approaches to existing challenges
Working with the Head of Software Engineering, you will meet the pastoral requirements of a small team of engineers. This includes performance coaching, mentoring, establishing training programmes and defining goals to enable career progression and overall team improvement.
Lead Software Engineer is a hands-on role spending the majority of their time delivering technical solutions and is responsible for the continual review and improvement of working practice, through collaboration with Product Architects.
- Designing and developing platform improvements in line with the business vision and technical strategy.
- Apply technical expertise and knowledge to design and enhance products directly and through continuous improvement to development practices.
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of products and services.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and hands on assistance to Software Engineers of all levels to help deliver new software and improve existing software.
- Peer and Code Review work of other team members.
- Contribute to building a culture of support, creativity and learning within your Agile product team and the wider Development department.
- Identify opportunities to learn from external sources, attend industry events and be enthusiastic and passionate about bringing new ideas, practices, techniques, and technologies forward
- Adhere to best practice principles for development, including source control, build, testing and deployment.
- High level of technical literacy
- Analytical Assessment
- Current working experience of Object-Oriented Language (PHP, Python)
- Excellent Knowledge of language framework principles
- Experience of Continuous Integration / Unit Testing / BDD / TDD
- Experience with MySQL, Postgres or NoSQL
- Experience of microservices architecture patterns
- Familiar with API principles (REST, GraphQL)
- Familiar with Agile working practices
- Knowledge of and experience with Frontend frameworks
- Knowledge of and experience with AWS Services (EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda)
- Awareness of security requirements and software design implications for web-based applications
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.