Bradford, West Yorkshire
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Flex working, 10% bonus
about 1 month ago
Lead Software Engineer (Java, C++, Qt)
The company are looking for talented technical engineers with a strong sense of motivation and drive, who are looking for their next big challenge as a Lead Software Engineer. Due to the varied nature of this cross-platform role, the company requires engineers with strong embedded Java, Android, C#, or C++ experience; with Network or Cloud Engineers being considered as well!
You will be working within an Agile team environment and thus, will be involved with the planning, design, development, debugging and integration of embedded software modules for cutting edge broadcast and internet TV receivers/STBs - you will be expected to lead within; not act as a line manager.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will have considerable exposure/knowledge about this company's clientele and stakeholders (Yorkshire's own success story,) as well as experience providing a wide range of technology-led consultancy services. Softer skills, such as the ability to build rapport and relationships and being an excellent communicator will also be paramount to your success in this role; as well as being integral qualities highly-sought after by this company.
- Strong experience with Java (C and C++ also considered) in an embedded Linux, Cloud or Android environment
- Strong debug and problem solving skills using the latest software and frameworks
- Experienced developing and debugging multithreaded and/or multi-process code
- Object Orientated programming in Java, Android or C++ (with UML diagramming vital)
- Embedded or mobile Java, JNI
- Linux kernel, drivers, GCC, GDB
- TDD and Unit Testing frameworks such as Google Test, Mockito, JUnit (or similar)
- Experience using networking protocols and standards including TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, UPnP, DLNA, HLS or MPEG-DASH
- Agile methodology experience (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
- Ability to understand complex issues and have strong communication skills in order to communicate this face-to-face or via phone/email/other methods
- Client-facing experience as a consultant or other client/customer-facing role
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will get the best of both worlds - a relaxed and small company feel (no suits!) with bragging rights that your own personal input contributes towards solutions for some of the biggest household names.
This company prides themselves on their informal culture that is based on trust in their employee's ability. Not only do they trust in their employees, they reward them well, with flexible holiday entitlement, 2 days remote working, flexi-time and even the possibility to take sabbaticals - You will not struggle with work-life balance at this organisation!
Not only this, the Lead Software Engineer will also receive financial benefits, with a 10% annual bonus and 4% guaranteed pension bonus as well!
If you are interested in becoming a Lead Software Engineer, click 'Apply' now as interviews are taking place immediately!
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.