East Riding of Yorkshire, England
£30001 - £42000 per annum + additional benefits
26 days ago
Manual Test Analyst
York - Remote (Expected in once per month)
Salary - £30,000 - £42,000
Who You'd Be Working For
It's not every day that a UK leader is recruiting in the York area. Founded in 2002, this Medicare software giant is looking for an array of strong Yorkshire based manual testers to join their highly successful organisation. Formed from humble beginnings of just 4 healthcare professionals who spotted a gap in the market, you can be insured that humility and employee welfare is prominent throughout this company's actions. With state-of-the-art facilities, Pizza Thursdays and flexi-time core hours (10am - 6pm), as just an example of some of the ways this company look after their staff.
When initially started out, this company had just the one release, however, after carefully listening to the feedback and needs of their clients they have not developed an array of products and services. This not only meets the needs of their clients but also offers the opportunity to any successful candidate to work on multiple different products including a variety of technologies too. From DevOps engineers to software developers, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside experts of their trade, gaining you exposure to a multitude of technologies that you likely won't get at other employers.
What You'll Be Up To
You'll be collaborating with Product Owners and developers as part of an Agile team, going from start to finish with the product lifecycle. This will give you the insight into understanding the systems and software requirements which will aid you in planning your test cases. You'll be taking the responsibility for the quality of the features and software you'll be working on. You'll play a pivotal role in the development team, taking part in regular stand-ups, planning sessions and sprint reviews. This is an opportunity to play a part on a collaborative team who both win and lose in unison.
The Skills Required
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Solid hands-on experience of working with management software's such as - TFS, JIRA and Azure DevOps.
- Strong test script writing skills - particularly in BDD.
- Excellent understanding of Web and Mobile testing.
- Experience with all aspects of functional testing.
- Clear knowledge on the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Ability to manager your own time and work to the required deadlines.
Even Better If's
- Experience querying SQL databases.
- Experience in manual integration testing.
- Experience of creating and managing your own test plans and strategies.
What's In It For You?
- Remote working
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme (auto enrolment with Royal London - 4% employer contribution)
- Private Healthcare Corporate scheme with Vitality Healthcare
- Life Cover
- Modern working environment with state-of-the-art offices
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bike storage
- Remote working
- Flexitime (core hours of 10am - 3pm)
- Access to Pluralsight for personal development
- Modern kitchen facilities
- Pool, table tennis and table football
- Pizza Thursdays
The Next Steps
Should your application be successful, and you are invited to interview, then the interview process will be as follows -
1-Stage Process - 1 hour long
The interview will go into your previous employment experiences going off your CV. Following that their will be technical questions and exercises for you to solve. Whilst the interviewer will offer great insight into the organisation and more detail about what the role will entail.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.