Doncaster, South Yorkshire
Up to £40000 per annum
15 days ago
Mid/Senior PHP Developer
The Developer will join a well-established development team currently undertaking a period of system rebuilding and improvements. The successful candidate will be heavily involved in the planning, design and build process and will have an important say in the technology stack used.
Salary: Salary dependant on experience.
Hours: Full time - Permanent - 37.5 hours per week plus opportunity for overtime.
- Build new applications using PHP 7, MySQL and more, as well as integrating with APIs
- Suggesting new functionality and methods to improve the overall customer journey
- Maintaining existing codebase, including troubleshooting, bug fixing and adding new features
- Mentoring and encouraging junior members of staff.
- Understanding of the principles of Unit Testing
- Experience of working with Vagrant or Docker
- Expertise with PHP 5.6 - 7.x
- Expertise with jQuery
- A solid understanding of web application development, from user interface to relational database structures
- Strong organisational skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Annual leave amounts to 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised staff canteen
- Free Gym access
- Additional benefits based on time served such as Car Allowance, Free Breakdown cover, Health Insurance, Free Travel Insurance
- Career progression opportunities
- Paid for online training access.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.