13 days ago
Payroll and Accounts Assistant
- Location: Houston, TX, 77024
- Salary: $45,000-$55,000 + Benefits (see below)
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our growing staffing business as a Payroll and Finance Administrator.
This is a collaborative role where you will work closely with our HR, Operations, Payroll, and Sales departments to ensure that we are delivering exceptional and efficient service to our contractors / consultants working on projects with our clients across the US. The role is not limited to payroll and finance and will also cross train with contracts and onboarding for W2 and C2C employees.
Why Join Oscar?
Our achievements, awards, and positive reputation (4.6+/5 on Glassdoor) are what truly represent our aim to grow and develop to continuously enhance and improve what we do every single day.
We are leading recruitment specialists within distinct brand across the Technology, Digital, Life Sciences, Energy (both Oil & Gas and Renewables), and Construction sectors across our key territories of UK, USA, and mainland Europe.
There is no secret to our success; it is down to our people.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- & Long-term Disability, Life Insurance (100% paid by Oscar)
- 20 days PTO + National Holidays + additional free vacation days throughout the year.
- 12pm Friday finishes every week!
- Company iPhone & Laptop
- Health & Wellness initiatives (may include Gym membership, free healthy snacks provided, massages, partnerships with mental health services)
Payroll and Accounts Assistant
You will be one of the primary points of contact for our contractors and consultants. They will rely on you to be efficient, organized, proactive and responsive.
· Assist with processing US Payroll from start to finish across bi-weekly & monthly cycles to deadlines
- Keeping track of timesheets and following up where necessary
- Managing Invoicing
- Processing payroll across multi state wherever needed (Strong legislation knowledge needed)
- Works closely with HR/Contractor Care on payroll related issues.
- Review computed wages and correct errors to ensure the accuracy of earnings.
- Ensure that all changes to payroll are processed correctly.
- Maintain accurate payroll records and employee files
- Assist with resolution of tax issues.
- State tax setup
- Understanding of benefits
Back up role to also include:
- Managing shared email mailboxes
- Issuing paperwork and contract documents for our W2 subcontractors and third-party partners (C2C)
- Sending onboarding emails and running background checks
- Benefits enrollment
What you will bring
- Proven record of demonstrating, a strong work-ethic, taking initiative, diligence, & willingness to learn.
- Excellent rapport and communication skills.
- The desire to be part of a collaborative, industrious, and fun culture.
- MS Office experience (DocuSign is a bonus)
- Previous experience working in a payroll, benefits, administrative, customer service, or support function in an office environment (Staffing / Recruiting industry is a bonus)
- Experience in Paycom and/or ADP a plus
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.