Bolton, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Additional Benefits
10 months ago
Principle Performance Engineer - £60,000 -Bolton+ Remote
This is one of this months most exciting opportunites to join a growing performance team, working for a well-known fashion brand.
The role and responsibilities
My client is looking for an experienced Performance tester who is looking to join work closely with an exciting Technology development team. You will make sure Performance; Capacity & Reliability are considered all through the lifecycle.
This is a very Hands-on role and you will be responsible for all things Performance, Capacity & Reliability within a particular Technology area. You will be designing frameworks for undertaking Performance Tests, building the monitoring dashboards, troubleshooting performance bottlenecks and work with Engineers to tune the services.
- Build frameworks to undertake Performance Tests, that can be adopted, extended, and re-used by Development & Delivery teams.
- Conducting Performance & Capacity risk assessments and manage the risks
- Ensuring appropriate performance NFRs are set, monitored, and reported.
- Provide technical assistance to Technology Development teams & Service Management teams improve system efficiency, capacity, stability, reliability, and scalability.
- Perform root cause analysis of performance issues and suggest corrective actions.
- Support the Services team, during the root cause analysis for issues arising out of Performance, Capacity & Reliability.
- Work closely with the Delivery team and third parties to introduce improvements to monitoring of new and existing services and components to ensure that they are operating reliably.
- Collaborate with Service Management team to identify Technical Debt and backlog for Performance, Capacity & Reliability issues. Influence the Technology Development roadmap to identify long term and permanent fixes
- Design, Build and Run Performance Test frameworks from Scratch, preferably Open Source (Gatling, Locust etc).
- Building APM dashboards and inculcating best practices of Performance monitoring with the Development teams.
- Capacity and demand planning and modelling.
- Experience of working in a cloud environment (e.g. AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Ability to understand complex web and standalone applications/systems architectures involving multiple technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot Performance, Capacity and Reliability issues in any environment using APM tools or analysing logs.
- Implement monitoring changes to gain early visibility of Performance, Capacity and Reliability issues to improve Service uptime.
Great benefits including 90% remote working.
Interviews are one stage and happening now… you could be next!
Principle Performance Engineer - £60,000 - Bolton + Remote
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.