Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £45001 per annum
8 months ago
Are you an experienced Developer looking for an opportunity where you will have a significant degree of autonomy in your role to make difference every single day?
This market leading ecommerce business are looking for passionate Developers with expertise in PHP to join their growing and collaborative team based in the heart of Manchester City Centre. You will be building robust, high performance web applications working alongside the Lead Developer. The main goal will be to reconstruct an entirely new website and online system. This role will be fast paced and will require you to adapt quickly to new requirements. Working in a small team you will be able to have a real impact from day 1 in making key decision for the technology roadmap.
They are ideally looking for expertise in the following technologies however don't worry if you aren't ticking every single box - it is more important to them that you have a willingness to learn and get stuck in to all task!
- Experience working with modern, OOP, PHP + Composer
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks (Symfony, Laravel, Zend, etc) - Symfony experience being a huge plus.
- Experience working with RDBMS such as MySQL/Postgres
- Strong knowledge of Git
- Experience working with CI/CD technologies
- Experience with TDD
- Knowledge of Linux
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
- Experience with docker/kubernetes
- Any experience in NodeJS and with modern JS tooling and frameworks, e.g. npm/yarn + React/Vue will be highly beneficial
- Any experience in Python would be ideal
This really is an exciting business to get involved with and it says a lot when employees have stayed with them for 10+ years because they genuinely enjoy coming into work every single day! They offer a relaxed working environment with regular team socials and bonus incentives. It is important to them that you are constantly engaged and challenged in your role to ensure you are progressing in your career.
Interviews for this role will be commencing immediately so please apply now with your latest CV. If you know anyone that may be suitable we do offer a referral fee for any successful recommendations.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.