£35000 - £45000 per annum + competitive benefits
6 months ago
A unique opportunity to join an award-winning business developing bespoke software as a Full Stack PHP Developer! You will be creating innovative solutions in a competitive market - working on a variety of greenfield projects and building things from the ground up. You'll be working on the fun stuff - the things that you're good at, the projects that you choose and of course there will be a large element of conitnual development and R&D to the role as you go.
As a Full Stack PHP Developer, you will work alongside other Software Engineers to ensure the design, delivery and implementation of bepsoke software! All projects will be in line with the customer vision and all responsibilities are conducted in a professional manner. To engage in a collaborative customer journey, that is focussed on achieving the overall project objectives whilst ensuring a positive customer experience on cool projects!
- Deliver on projects, packages of work and individual tasks to agreed deadlines.
- Work with Grade 3 Software Engineers in providing realistic time estimations and in identifying and resolving any completion risks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of customer needs in both technical discussions and timescales, budgets and risks.
- Use PHP with existing frameworks (you can choose the ones you like - Laravel, Symfony, Yii, CodeIgniter, Zend) and develop new frameworks in R&D time.
- Utilise all resources effectively to ensure that no duplication of work or code occurs and works efficiently.
- Ensure that the code you work with is scalable and future proof in such a way that it is easy
- to extend, understand and build on for other engineers.
- Create specification documents by providing accurate technical information and supported
- research findings.
- Clearly document complex bodies of work to enable other engineers to diagnose potentialproblems with ease.
- Ensure that all work undertaken either extends or improves the current functionality andpreserves the customer experience, with no negative impact on the existing system.
- Proactively develop technical skills and keep awareness of developments in the industry to
- support delivering what we do well.
- Help develop and define processes and procedures to improve working practices.
- Partner with the Infrastructure Team to develop and improve infrastructure delivery.
- Any other responsibilities as may reasonably be required in your role.
- The ability and drive to develop skill sets in other areas of development.
- Knowledge and experience of version control systems.
- Knowledge and experience of a project management tool, such as Jira.
In the 15 years that they've been established, they've invested a lot of time into their company culture and the respect for their employees is highly important to them. The management have been noted as 'supportive and friendly', where everyone is on the same page. This company recognise that your time with them is not just about delivering exceptional projects - but also developing yourself as a professional. You will also be provided with a strong opportunity to join a bunch of bright minds where you will continue to grow, learn and excel in a hub of talent. They are home to some of the most talented and inventive IT professionals that exist and nurture talent whilst providing opportunity with great training. You will always be 'on top' will the opportunities provided, attending technology conferences and playing with innovative solutions. The company have high staff retention rates, a 'family' feel environment and are known for having great scope in terms of career progression and growth- what they are looking for is someone to grow and thrive with them.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.