US$120000 - US$145000 per annum + 100% remote, healthcare, PTO
Ad - Pre Sales AM_1669915017
2 months ago
Job Title: Pre-Sales - US
The Advanced Application Modernisation Technical Lead supports sales productivity and deal flow by helping present and architect Application Modernisation solutions in support of the sales process, and provide "technical close" for complex modernisation opportunities. The Senior Technical Lead collaborates with sales, service delivery, development, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions which:
- Match prospect requirements;
- Are within the scope of what Advanced wants to sell;
- Are understood and can be delivered by Advanced Application Modernization Services;
- Are appropriately understood and supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
The App Mod Senior Technical Lead continues with a deal post sales to provide a bridge and continuity into delivery ensuring customer and project success. The AppMod Senior Technical Lead reports to the Advanced Application Modernization Global Pre-Sales Director.
- Work with Application Modernisation sales executives to provide technical solution and delivery methodology support during the sales process.
- Understandprospect's technical needs, including a technical understanding of candidate legacy applications being considered for modernisation, and the target modernised environment including Cloud architectures.
- Proactively design and scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers' met and unmet needs, and recommend optimum solutions.
- Support and lead operational and infrastructure assessment workshops with customers.
- Author or otherwise contribute to customer-facing documents such as RFP responses, technical proposals and whitepapers.
- Identify opportunities where no technical solution is available and notify the Advanced Application Modernization Pre-Sales Director.
- Secure input from sales, professional services, development, and technical support and adapt solutions, as necessary, to ensure a successful modernization project.
- Secures from customer technical staff, commitments needed to ensure a deal's technical close.
- Work with partner companies to provide joint solutions where required.
- Work with the customer technical staff post-close to ensure a seemless handover to delivery.
- Experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting in customer-facing roles, desirably focused on legacy (e.g. IBM Mainframe) Application Modernisation.
- Technical understanding of legacy mainframe environments, desirably with hands-on experience.
- Technical understanding of distributed environments, desirably with an understanding of cloud computing services and concepts.
- Experience in supporting large RFP initiatives.
- Strong verbal and written skills are critical to articulate the solution.
- Customer facing skills to drive discussions and represent Advanced well within the customer's environment.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.