Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45001 - £65000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Product Manager - BI / MI / Insurance
Oscar Technology are working with a leading specialist Insurer on a new Product Manager requirement for their city centre office. The role essentially will deliver on a business aim to make better use of the data at their disposal, and enable better business decisions to made, informed by clear data.
Part of this will be to overhaul user journeys throughout various platforms used in the lifecycle of brokering insurance lines, which in turn will improve the quality of the data within those systems. Other aspects will include working with data teams to improve the quality of data that exists and also alter how data is 'mined' and how presented to stakeholders.
You will join a business that is undergoing a large digital enablement programme and there is a lot of scope to make an impact and see the tangible returns of your changes.
As such the hiring company are looking for Product Managers that have previous experience within the Insurance industry and ideally an understanding of specialist areas like London Market / Lloyds Syndicate. Fundamentally, they are looking for Product Managers that have a good understanding of working with business data, influencing user journeys to improve how data is collected at source, working with in-house teams and 3rd parties to make change happen and be able to get buy-in from senior stakeholders for your product visions.
Fundamentals required by the hiring firm
- 3+ years prior experience in a Product Manager or Owner position
- Experience of delivering BI / MI / Data products / projects
- A solid understanding of Data tech from ETL to dashboards / data visualisation
- Previous experience within the Insurance Industry, ideally London Market (though not essential)
- Strong Agile best practice knowledge
- Able to build consensus at all levels within the business
- Able to occasionally travel to other UK offices (post-Covid)
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.