Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £65000 per annum
2 months ago
Product Owner - Cloud platform migration
Oscar Technology are working with European Market leader in the Communications Technology space, supporting their search for a Product Owner that would own the technical roadmap for migrating one of their major communications platforms / products to the Cloud.
Working closely with several Infrastructure , Cloud and software engineering teams, plus a Solution Architect, a number of stakeholder, and a number of technology partners you will scope and ultimately deliver a roadmap to migrate a key platform to Openstack. This forms part of broader strategy to improve customer experiences through both usability, performance and ultimately being able to offer end-to-end solutions for firms that operate Contact Centres & Telecoms networks.
Our client are one of Europe leading software products firms, providing a number of marketing leading Unified Communications software products. Over the last 18 months, the firm has expanding through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions in the UK & Europe. Having several market leading products that enable big companies facilitate working from home certainly helps!
In the last 2 years, they have been rolling out a Scaled Agile model across their Customer products team, which has been put in place to deliver a major UX-focused User Journey initiative across their software products.
As the Product Owner on the 'Cloud Connectivity' Value Stream, you will liaise with all members of the Squad, and scope, build and ultimately manage the product backlogs for the migration of the Openstack platform. You will be key to organising what happens when, ultimately delivering a technical roadmap that aligns with the product vision, which is developed in collaboration with a Product Manager.
Requirements for the role
- Previous experience of working in a Product Owner role
- Previous experience working with Cloud platforms, ideally Openstack, but will also consider Azure, AWS, GCP or similar.
- You'll have previous experience and be comfortable working with Agile processes and principles
- Excellent knowledge of defining the development product roadmaps
- You'll have excellent communication & people influencing skills
- Strong knowledge in tools like JIRA, Confluence or similar
- 10% annual bonus (paid April)
- Statutory pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- 25 days holiday + BH
- The team tends to work 1-2 days a week in the office
- Office has onsite parking, in based in Salford Quays close to 2 Metrolink lines & stops
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.