City of London, London
£550 - £551 per day
about 2 months ago
My client, a financial services organisation, based in London require a Programme Manager for an initial 3 month contract. The client requires a Programme Manager with strong financial project management experience and a good understanding of cost control practices.
- Strong understanding of program / project financial management and cost control practices
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to implement change
- Able to understand, analyse and adhere to SOWs
- Reviewing of project deliverables, alignment of project team to deliver to a high standard and on schedule
- In charge of service improvement of internal and external processes to enhance program value
- Ensuring communication with internal and external executive sponsors and programme stakeholders
- Manage major issue resolution, risk mitigation and dependency completion
- Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ensure projects are planned and executed in line with the PMO methodology
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, as well as project subcontractors.
- Management of remote project team members and remote subject matter experts located in multiple geographies
- Creation and maintenance of detailed project plans to ensure large number of deliverables are achieved within a short space of time
- Administration of project workshops and stakeholder interviews across multiple business functions including communication of the importance of the sessions
- 5 years Project Management experience. PMP and ITIL certification is preferred
- Working experience within a Professional Services environment, leading complex Information Technology projects in large enterprises
- Working experience within Financial Services
- Excellent understanding of the contract (SOW) process. Able to manage contract modifications, change orders, control the impact to a program, and take a lead position for negotiations on contract scope, cost and schedule
- Ability to work independently and aggressively track to project timelines
- Working experience with firewalls and network technologies preferred
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.